Tmobile - Tmobile's (lack of) customer care

Posted on Wednesday, July 8th, 2009 at 11:45pm CDT by 899a169d

Product: Cell service

Company: Tmobile

URL: http://www.tmobile.com/

I have had Tmobile since 2003. I get a new phone on average every year, the last 4 phones have been fairly expensive with minimal or no discount. My husband and I share a family plan with data for both (blackberry for me, windows mobile for him) and I also have the webconnect hispeed. So tmobile gets a fair amount of money from me every month.

Imagine my surprise when I call my husband today to discover his phone is no longer in service. I call tmobile and am transferred to a special department because of a new program they started to disconnect service to about 17000 people. Apparently we live on the edge of the service area. My husbands line was terminated for "excessive roaming". Mine was not. We live in the same house, work in the same areas. No one can tell me the difference. I was told that I would be allowed out of my contract with no cancellation fee. Well, thanks! You cancelled it, not me.

The longer I thought about it, the more dissatisfied I became with that answer. And when I called back to see what Tmobile would do to keep me as a customer, I was told "Nothing. Your bill will be half of the normal amount." Well, yeah. Half the service should cost, ta-da, half the regular amount!

So it appears I will be leaving for AT&T. It's a shame. I literally spent thousands at Tmobile these past (almost) six years.

My phone is set to be disconnected on July 15th. But, no cancellation fee due to the generosity of TMobile!