Office Max - Office Max Printer Cartridges

Posted on Wednesday, July 8th, 2009 at 5:21pm CDT by f015154f

Product: 21091051

Company: Office Max

Location: 263 Schuman Blvd.
Naperville, Il, 60563, US

URL: http://www.officemax.com

Above date is a guess. Officemax was having a special "buy 2, get 1 free" sale on their brand of HP-compatible printer cartridges. I ordered 3 of them for my (small) company's inkjet printer.

About 2 months before the cartridges that were already in the printer needed replaced. When I tried to install the first color cartridge, the printer gave me a "non-compatible" error.

I went onto the net and found 2 possible solutions, neither of which worked.

I contacted Officemax via e-mail and was told that they had a 30-day return policy and therefore, "there was nothing they could do".

By now I had tried to install all 6 of the cartridges and got the same error. I queried them one more time, citing the fact that 30 days to use 6 cartridges was ridiculous. I also stated that the whole line was apparently defective. I got the same "nothing we can do" response.

At that time I was a member of their "rewards" club. When I wrote to them and asked them to close this out I got back the following 4-word reply: "The account is closed".

I sent a coy of all the e-mail correspondence to their corporate office via regular mail. Never heard a thing.

The upshot is that I was in immediate need of printer cartridges and subsequently found a place on line who offered "HP Compatible" cartridges at HALF the cost of the Officemax ones and with an UNCONDITIONAL 365 day return period.

The aloofness of the person I e-mailed with really POed me and the fact that their corporate office never even bothered to reply only convinced me even further to never purchase anything from these arrogant idiots again. Apparently the financial situation in America isn't as we thought since Officemax obviously doesn't care about customer retention.