Energy Plus Holdings LLC - Do NOT switch to Energy Plus Holdings LLC!

Posted on Friday, July 31st, 2009 at 9:51am CDT by da1c25ce

Product: Electricity Supply

Company: Energy Plus Holdings LLC

Location: 1717 Arch St. Suite 3230
PHILADELPHIA, PA, 19103, US

URL: http://www.energypluscompany.com/

Category: Government, Police

After receiving offers to reduce my electric bill if I switched from my local provider NYSEG, I took the bait. My bills became outrageously expensive, so I compared the KWH charge to my previous year's bill from NYSEG and found I was being charged 250% more per KWH! I called NYSEG to confirm their current pricing and, yep, they were still two fifths of what Energy Plus Holdings was charging. When I called to cancel my service with Energy Plus they said it would take two months to switch back to NYSEG, therefore forcing me to be overcharged several hundred dollars more! Don't make the same mistake I did. Do your research before switching. Energy Plus Holdings is bad news.

840313e9, 2010-04-21, 11:14AM CDT

I just received my bill for this same company. At first it was .085 per KWH, for two months it was like this then they doubled it to .145. Making my bill $300, who can afford this so I canceled and the only thing they could say was that it changes and they determine it day by day. Well since I have had NYSEG for a long whiole I looked back on all my bills not once did NYSEG KWH go over .04. So yeah dont switch to this company, they just get you by saying their cheaper when their not. Wish i read about them first.

c0805fbf, 2010-09-10, 03:33PM CDT

I absolutely second this!! I just learned that I have been paying DOUBLE the KWH rate (18 cents) that Con Ed is charging and I'm furious.

Apparently it's the classic bait and switch, 2 months at 7% reduction and then they ramrod you until you wise up.