Straight Talk - Poor Customer Service

Company: Straight Talk

Location: 9700 NW 112th Avenue
Miami, FL, 33178, US

URL: http://straighttalk.com/

I purchased an approved phone from Wal Mart and activated my service. Part of the plan is browser service. I was never able to access my browser and after repeated calls to their customer service department, and after requesting a new phone, which was initially approved I was told everything would be forwarded to the corporate office. I have been left hanging with no answer from the corporate office. This is unacceptable.

1708942c, 2010-01-28, 11:54AM CST

I purchased two phones and two service cards. I activated both and ported numbers over - no problem. But that is the only thing that has gone well. A couple of days after activation, the minutes were showing as ran out on the phone that was on the 30 dollar plan (it had 15 hours the day before and was turned off all night). The so called service department fixed it the next day but only after having to repeat the account of events more than twice. I also enrolled in the automatic debit plan so that when the plan came up for renewal I would not have to worry about it. The problem is that they immediately deducted for the plan, thus resulting in a double payment for the current month. On top of that they did not update the account correctly to reflect that happened. It caused an over draft at my bank as well as causing my bank to charge a fee of 25 dollars and place a negative mark on my credit report. When I tried to explain to "customer service" all they would say is that it was my fault for enrolling early in the month. To further cause irritation they persisted in calling me by my first name even though I told them to refer to me by my title (Mrs.) and my last name. I had to tell the representative more than three times not to call me by my first name.

babf0979, 2010-03-05, 08:29AM CST

I tried calling this company this morning because I was thinking of transferring to them. I had to call back 3 times because there was so much background noise on their end that I could not hear. All three times I got someone who did not speak English which is the only language that I speak. I did not get the questions answered that I was needing answered. I am starting to think about looking elsewhere for a cell phone. I liked what they were offering and thought it would be a money saver for my family.

bfb0e5c4, 2010-06-20, 11:38AM CDT

Straight Talk is in the habit of doing customers wrong. That is how we do it.

And we love doing you wrong!