Toyota Motor and Lustine Toyota dealership - Defective Toyota Prius HID Headlamps

Posted on Thursday, July 30th, 2009 at 4:15pm CDT by d080b607

Product: HID headlamps Toyota Prius

Company: Toyota Motor and Lustine Toyota dealership

Location: 14227 Jefferson Davis Highway
Woodbridge, va, 22191, US

URL: http://www.lustinetoyota.com/

Defective HID Headlight for Toyota Prius. Theres is a wide spread failure of these lamps and both the dealerships and Toyota are raping consumers, charging at least $325 dollars to replace EACH headlight. Also, the premier Platinum extended service agreement (paid $2000) sold by Toyota does not cover these defective parts. My other headlight ceased to work the same evening that I had replaced the one headlight on my 2008 Toyota Prius for $325 dollars. THIS IS A SCAM.

c5f8ba95, 2009-11-16, 02:56PM CST

I am also having the same issue with the Prius headlight. I have a 2007 Toyota Prius, about 2 months ago the driver side headlight went out. I can turn the headlights off then back on and it stays on for awhile. Dealership says the headlights are going out. But they cannot explain why turning them off then on seems to work. These headlights do not just burn out like other headlights so I am suspicious. The service person cannot garauntee that new headlights will not do the same. I suspect a computer component is bad...?

5440cb16, 2009-11-25, 07:18PM CST

Same deal, quote $1000 at first, called toyota customer experience center, they offered to send me a check for parts but not the labor. After I declined that offer, they offered to pay for it all but I had to still pay the dealer and send the work order or whatever to them. I didn't want to wait on Toyota to maybe send me a check so I didn't go with that either (i've read online that could have been a good decision). All of that was at roughly 45,000 to 55,000 miles or somewhere around that. Fast forward to 92,000 and fall/winter 2009 Went back tried to get the same deal and this time it was the same cast of characters from Toyota but this time only parts were offered even though the cost is now $368 for parts - $127 for labor. I found a NEW set of HID bulbs for $49.99 at www.highperformancebulbs.com, Found a Page about Class Action Lawsuits for the Prius HID Headlights on Facebook. The Facebook page also has youtube videos on how to change the HID bulbs. Here is the link to that page. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Prius-HID-Class-Action/195351592664?ref=ts

a1e1b41e, 2009-11-28, 12:30AM CST

For automatic updates on Action taken against Toyota on the headlight issue, How to do it yourself, Class Action updates, and other info become a Fan of this page

- http://www.facebook.com/pages/Prius-HID-Class-Action/195351592664?ref=ts

To see a Video on how to change the your headlights yourself for only 50 bucks go to the Facebook Page and watch this video

- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QPvUgs9Bgo

4de0b96f, 2010-04-20, 08:24AM CDT

Within the last week and a half, I have replaced two headlights, one tail light and the license plate light on my 2006 Prius. The dealership checked the electronic system and reported that there was nothing wrong. I think there is something wrong!