LA Fitness - LA Fitness - Not Honoring Contract price

Posted on Wednesday, July 29th, 2009 at 3:19pm CDT by 920d0921

Product: Gym

Company: LA Fitness

Location: 18445 PINES BLVD.
PEMBROKE PINES, FL, 33029, US

URL: http://www.lafitness.com/

I signed up for an LA fitness membership on 7/22/2009. I was given a contract by the sales representative for a multi-club

membership, 0 initiation fee, 34.99 a month. The contract was given to me and I accepted the terms, and gave them a credit

card for payment. LA Fitness informed me that they were going to give me a 7 day pass and I was to return after the pass

expired to initiate my membership. I returned on 7/29/2009 and spoke to the representative, Ray Diaz (phone# 954 610

2471). He informed me that they would not be able to honor the rate given to me on 7/22/2009 even though I have a

contract executed by both parties for the aforementioned rate. They informed me that the rate that they offered "did not get

approved", even though they offered it to me, put it in a contact, and accepted my credit card information. The manager at

this location did not offer any remedy when I said that I would not accept a higher rate. I called the corporate office and

spoke to Nina who offered little to no assistance. She informed me that even though I had a contract that they would not

honor that rate. In summary, I signed up for a specific rate, signed a contract provided by LA Fitness to me, and now LA

Fitness refuses to honor it.

4fc49037, 2009-11-11, 08:41PM CST

Read your post.

Was just at that location to find out about their gym membership today on 11/11/09. Thanks for the tidbit on going with a 0 initiation fee.

Their memberships are pricy.

Thanks for the headsup on the hanky panky.

George

4e8ab5d9, 2009-12-27, 11:48PM CST

sue them and you inforce contract like they would if it was other wAy around