Wet seal - Wet seal return policy

Company: Wet seal

Location: KING OF PRUSSIA, PA, US

URL: http://www.wetseal.com/

Category: Stores, Shopping

I usually do not shop at wet seal because I have had costumer service and merchandise quality problems there in the past but I recently decided to give them another chance with a pair of jeans. I have a hard time finding jeans that fit so when I found a pair that looked decent on me in their store, I decided to take it home and think it over for a few days. After deciding I could find a better pair for the price I paid, I checked the receipt for the number of days within which I can return the item. That's when I noticed that you can only return items for exchange or store credit. So now I am stuck with a pair of jeans I won't wear and I'm down $34.50. The employees in the store need to warn you of their return/exchange policy if they are going to rip you off this way. Even a competitor like Forever 21 asks you if you know their return policy when buying clothes there, and they have a normal return policy!

128f1c2f, 2009-08-31, 01:44PM CDT

EVERYtime I shop there they tell me about the policy AND it is posted in front of every register so you can see it BEFORE you pay for anything.

c1192951, 2010-12-20, 05:24PM CST

I bought a gift for my daughter and had to return it less than 24 hours later because it did not fit. I specifically asked about the return policy when I made the purchase and was told "no problem, return within 21 days with receipt and we will credit your card." Well, they will not credit you back or give you a refund. They will only give you store credit. I have no use for a store credit. There is nothing in the store that I want. The sale person lied and I'm sure she was told to use those words. "we will credit the card". Yes, Their card. Deception. Basically this resulted in THEFT since I will not be able to use the "card".

WARNING DO NOT BUY FROM WET SEAL IF THERE IS ANY CHANCE THAT YOU WILL NEED TO RETURN IT. DO NOT PURCHASE A GIFT FOR SOMEONE...THEY WILL BE STUCK WITH IT.