Comcast - Letter to Comcast

Location: One Comcast Center 1701 JFK Blvd
Philadelphia, PA, 19103, US

URL: http://Comcast.com/

To whomever may care:

I feel that I pay enough to your company every month to not be charged a service fee when I have a connection problem. Especially, since it was an issue caused by Comcast original hook up service. I have spent the better half of a year trying to get Comcast to fix my internet connection. I was told time and time again that instead of coming out for a service call you would reset my IP address. Time and time again this did not work. I would spend another 20-30mins on hold for an operator to tell them resetting the IP address did not work for them to say it is an issue with my computer itself. With that advice I took my computer to PC Doctors and go figure it was not my computer (more money wasted). When I did get an operator to set me up an appointment for someone to actually come to my house, they did not show. I had to take off of work to wait on the cable guy because my appointment time was any where between 1:00 and 5:00. When I called around 3:00 to ask where they were I was told that they had already tried coming by my house and I was not home. SO NOT TRUE, as I stated before I had to take off work to sit at my house and wait on them. I was also told they tried calling my cell phone several times to inform me they were at my house, also not true. I had given Comcast 3 different cell phone numbers to reach me on and not one person tried calling from Comcast. I then could not set up another appointment the next day because I could not take another day off work to wait on the cable guy to show up if he felt like it. Now with all of that said and hopefully getting a better understanding of where my frustration comes from I will get to the point of why I am unhappy with my June bill.

I was charged $36 and some change for your cable guy to come to my house and tell me that who ever originally hooked up my internet did not "hard wire" it right. Ok so when I called Comcast to provide my internet service they gladly came and hooked it up and started sending the bills. Once I had an issue it was impossible to get anyone to fix it and when I finally do, almost a year later, I am charged for re-wiring a faulty connection that was originally done by Comcast in the first place. I did call an agent and ask for the service fee to be taken off and was told that it is not Comcast's problem. It is only Comcast's problem if the faulty connection would have been outside of my house instead of inside. I could pay an additional $2.99 a month to have the service fee waived now and not be charged a service fee (for wiring connections) for any future problems. Now granted I am not a rocket scientist but I am not ignorant either, and I just can't seem to make sense of this. I can not believe in today's economy that you can afford to operate your business this away.

I didn't write this letter just because I am losing out on a $36 charge but just for the simple fact that this is bad business. Not to mention that I also have my cable service through Comcast and it is usually hit or miss on the days it wants to work, and no, this isn't an isolated issue. I have several friends and family that also use your service and they all tend to have the same issues. Cable box not working, guide won't work that day, certain channels are freezing up, or internet won't connect. Not that it matters to your company but I will be shopping around for a new provider. I know that customer service is not a priority for your company due to the fact this is America and we have a lot of potential consumers. So you lose one you will gain another, but one day I hope that all consumers will stand together against conglomerate corporate giants like yourself that provide little or no customer service to their clients once that client has signed on the dotted line. You take our hard earned money each month and provide mediocre service with no customer care. Maybe take some of that hard earned money your clients send you each month and invest in better equipment, employee training, and customer care. I know this letter will be viewed as a waste of my time for I have learned there is no one who cares within your company but it still makes me feel better to know I said and did what I can. I hope in the future enough people will voice their complaints and something will be done.

Thanks for your attention

janet L., 2013-02-15, 11:28AM CST

DEAR SIRS,

I HAVE BEEN A COMCAST CUSTOMER SINCE 1996

LET ME REPHRASE A VERY LOYAL COMCAST CUSTOMER SINCE 1996. I HAVE RECEIVED THOUSANDS OF OTHER OFFERS FROM OTHER PROVIDERS, NEVER GIVING IN BECOUSE QUITE FRANKLY I AM AND HAVE BEEN HAPPY WITH YOUR COMPANY SINCE 1996. THAT IS UNTIL TODAY. I RECEIVED A PHONE CALL FROM "A.J." LETTING ME KNOW THAT MY BILL WAS PAST DUE ( LAST PAYMENT WAS ON JANUARY 9TH 2013 TODAY IS FEBUARY 15 2013. ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS WOW, WHAT A SHAME, AND SHAME ON YOU. I GUESS THAT 22+ YEARS MEANS NOTHING TO YOU. I DO NOT MEAN ANYTHING TO YOU EXCEPT A MONTHLY PAYMENT. I TRIED TO EXPLAIN TO "A.J." THAT I AM SICK AND ON DISABILITY AND COULD NOT MAKE THE PAYMENT TILL FRIDAY THE 22ND OF FEBUARY, HE TOLD ME THAT IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH AND THAT MY SERVICES WILL BE SHUT OFF ON THE 21ST. RIGHT NOW I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT TO SAY TO YOU, AS I NOW FEEL THERE IS NOTHING TO SAY, AS I AM ONLY A MONTHLY PAYMENT TO YOU AND YOUR COMPANY. I JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW THAT I AM SORRY FOR YOU THAT THIS IS WHAT IT HAS COME DOWN TO, I HAVE STOOD BY YOU " THROUGH: RAISING PRICES, SUR CHARGES, CABLE BOX RENTALS,INTERUPTED SERVICES, BLACKOUTS,WAITING FOR HOURS FOR SOMEONE ONE TO SHOW UP, YOU NAME IT I HAVE PUT UP WITH IT. BUT THIS?????? I AM SAD......( AND YES I AM SICK) THANK YOU FOR ALL THE YEARS OF ENJOYMENT YOUR COMPANY HAS HELPED TO BRING INTO MY HOME. BUT AS I TOLD A.J. IF MY SERVICES ARE INTERUPTED ON THE 21ST AS A.J. TOLD ME THEY WOULD BE (ONE DAY LATE) AFTER 22+ YEARS OF LOYAL SERVICES THIS WILL BE A GOOD BYE

JANET

Ima S., 2013-09-04, 03:35PM CDT

Comcast is just one of many lying cheating corporations that will do almost anything to get your business and then practically nothing to keep it. I have just gotten off the phone with one or their supposed "escalation" reps who was rude and talked down to me as if he was better than me. I am done with Comcast and if they treat a handicapped disabled vet the way they treated me how will they treat everybody else? I have no further use for them. Time to move on.