HP Home Store - HP Home Store - H is for Horrible!

Posted on Wednesday, July 15th, 2009 at 3:12pm CDT by 48cd9904

Company: HP Home Store

URL: http://www.shopping.hp.com/

It took me an entire week to finally settle on a laptop from HP

So i decided to shop from the company itself ... big mistake!!!

I live OUTSIDE of the US. I didnot know that HP has a no accept orders policey from outside of the US.

The site was easy to get around. I was able to customized my laptop - which was a plus, get a $150 rebate, an additional 30.00 plus free shipping!

I entered my cc number along with a US billing address, to be shipped to a US address where I would pick it up during my vacation. After pressing the submit button... I got a notice saying... sorry we are unable to accept your order.

Wondering what went wrong... I contacted my bank who told me that hp had rec'd the approval code. So here was my dilemma - almost $800 was on hold from my bank (they can take my word that i would not be receiving the merchandise)- and i would not be getting the laptop. So i tried to call HP- but all called originating outside of the US are BLOCKED - great for a company who claims to be global.

So i got on live chat and spoke with a representative - and thus the nightmare intensified. I tried to explained to the agent that I needed an e-mail from the company stating that the order was not going to be filled- the Bank needed proof that they would not be billed for a laptop.

I got scripted responses that did not address the problem at ALL - I was given phone numbers to call - that were not going to go through because of my location. I keep insisting that ALL I needed from the company was an e-mail so that my bank would release my funds - To no avail.

It is obvious that HP are not hiring intelligent personnel to speak with customers. To date this matter has not been resolved.