My Magazine Club - My magazine club

Company: My Magazine Club

Location: 630 peter jefferson parkway suite 160
charlottesville, VA, 22911, US

URL: http://www.mymagazineclub.com/

On June 9th, 2009, I decided to try out 2 trial issues of 2 magazines for a total amount of $0.40 thinking, I will receive a confirmation letter and a magazine to start my trial period. And then, I would have 30 days to cancel if, I don't want a full subscription.

July 8th, 30 days later, I was charged $13.31 without any letter or magazine.

I called the company July 10th, to get this fixed and had problems getting through. Called again July 13th today, and waited 3 minutes to get a recording saying no one is avail to take my call and to leave a voicemail. O Please!!

I wish I done this already, but I googled for any complaints about this company and found 1 or 2. I found many, MANY complaints for another company called Magazine City which seems to have a similar address to My Magazine Club which is 650 peter jefferson parkway, suite 190, Charlottesville, VA 22911.

From now on, I will becareful of anything that offers free trials, risk-free trial or anything free in it or any discounted trials. It saves time from all this trouble.

04164187, 2009-10-17, 11:12AM CDT

they are doing the same things to me i left many messages and nothing they keep charging my credit card fo 39.99 and the done it twice. I have complained to people that gave them my credit card number infinity dish and nothing has happened. I dont want these magazines especially not for a $ 159.96 dollars.

90f3e362, 2009-10-30, 11:40AM CDT

same thing has happened to me to the tune of 119.95. I have tried to call them for 3 days straight now with no reply. I was forced to turn this in as fraud to my bank as I was not expecting this payment to come out as when I called back to the so called nascar club they told me everything would be cancelled. Thanks alot to this company not only did they get the 119.95 it also overdrafted me in my account costing me another almost 300.00. What a scam, I was told to fill out a police report by my bank but who is the real company?? They say if you cancel you will get a full refund well where do you go to cancel??

1f0debd7, 2009-11-16, 09:44AM CST

I to was rob by these people. I have been calling for two months to cancel my subscription but they can never locate my account and then I am put on hold forever only told to leave a message but noone returns my phone calls. They can always locate my account to take out 39.99 for magazines that I don't receive. Is there anyone put there that can help me actually talk to a live person? or to stop this company from taking money from consumers as myself?

ee06c301, 2010-06-11, 11:41AM CDT

I was just hit for $139.85 for my 2 month free subscriptions after accepting this offer over the phone. Lesson for everyone - if it's a phone solicitation, decline and demand a written offer so you can review the "fine print" details. Irronically, I just started receiving these "free trial" mags a week ago and haven;t seen 2 months of subscriptions. I called the number listed on my credit card and the digital response was easy to cancel your subscription. Now I'll see if they follow through. This is outragious!

eeda9784, 2010-08-10, 08:15PM CDT

how long did it take to get a refund? Or did you never receive one? I called and canceled this back when they charged me $2.88 for the first set of magazines and yesterday got hit with the same $139 charge. This put me in the hole in my bank by $60 and I live on welfare. I don't even remember signing up for this at any point.

caddbfc2, 2010-09-01, 03:46PM CDT

I too have had a hard time getting through to cancel this pain in the a$$ venture. I emailed AND called to cancel immediately after being charged the $2.88.... I now have the $139.83 charge on my card. I have left 4 progressively volatile messages but alas, no one returns my calls. Called at 4:30 EST, on a Wednesday, only to hear a response that the office was closed, please call back during normal business hours of 9am to 6pm EST, Monday thru Friday.... really???? WTF???

So I called the bank today to put a dispute on the charge... at least I won't have to pay interest.... let's see how long it takes them to refund my money after the cancellation by phone! Oh yeah, plus I have only received one copy (and just this week) of one of the 5 magazines.... These people are SH*T!

c5501ff8, 2010-10-25, 11:02AM CDT

WHAT EVER YOU DO,,,DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS CLUB!!!! I WOULD ENCOURAGE YOU TO BUY YOUR MAGAZINES AT THE STORE. I WAS CHARGED 57.91 FOR THE MAGAZINES, AFTER ABOUT 4 WEEKS OF TRYING TO GET A REPRESENTATIVE, I WAS TOLD I WOULD GET A PARTIAL RETURN. THEY MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE TO CANCEL THE MAGAZINES, I GOT DUPPED INTO BUYING THE MAGAZINES AT LOEMANNS....DO NOT SIGN UP..ITS A TRAP AND A FRAUD. I CALLED TO SPEAK WITH SALLY STONER DIRECTOR OF CLUB MAGAZINE AND SHE DECLINED TO SPEAK WITH ME....!!

4c6e9196, 2010-12-13, 04:47PM CST

The address for My Magazine Club and Magazine City are one and the same on a letter I got today. I was to receive 4 magazines for a year free. I did receive them, but got a letter today (December 13, 2010) stating that if I did not want a renewal charged to my account in three installments of $39.96, I would need to call them before December 12, 2010 (the day before I received the letter). The letter was postmarked on December 10th. I too, tried to call them and got a recording as well. I don't remember even ordering these or giving an account number to them. I am waiting on a return call and it may be when hell freezes over.

c59decc4, 2011-12-16, 10:15AM CST

The same thing has happened to me. I was told that I would be charged $2.88 for a free 30day trial, and I can cancel anytime before the 30 days. I have tried to call this number that appeared on my bank statement 888-882-5545, but I can never get connected with anyone! OMG!! This is such a scam!I contacted my fiancial institute and reported fraud because this is ridiculous!!

cf50bf4c, 2012-02-06, 02:44PM CST

I received the free trial from this company from a partner site all about the baby which is basically a fraud as well because there's no way to log in to their site. I've been trying like you have to get ahold of the companies and no response. Had to finally cancel my current card I use so there won't be any charges. Really unhappy about this. Frauds taking advantage of a single mother with no income except child support is sad.

bd81d1bc, 2012-04-05, 12:24PM CDT

how do you cancel this? I did not order it and they are going to take my money anyway!

0e6979b4, 2012-04-19, 03:17PM CDT

I have been trying to get through via phone and internet without any success tocancel my subsription. No one will reply. How do i get this company to response so I can cancel the subscriptiom It is a big ripoff.

a29c588e, 2012-04-20, 07:05PM CDT

I need to a refund for a subscription i did not approve????????

ea47fed2, 2012-04-26, 02:44PM CDT

HOW TO CANCEL THE MAGAZINE

Jerome K., 2012-09-24, 12:07PM CDT

I was also duped. I have called several; time trying to cancel but after leaving my number and account, they never return my calls. Just how do you cancel this fraud? The company letterhead states the following:

My Magazine Club

660 Hunters Place Suite B21

Charilottesville, VA 22911

Phone 888-882-5545

Jerome K., 2012-10-01, 02:54PM CDT

After about 20 calls, I got a call back to cancel my account. The number that I got my call from was 1(434) 262-7623. They confirmed my cancelation. May be this number will help.

Good luck with My Magazine Club.

Robyn W., 2013-01-16, 07:50PM CST

I'm having the sae problem. My credit card is being charged $49.99. I never received a welcome letter and I don't even have a phone number. What am I suppossed to do??

a7a067bb, 2013-07-26, 01:45PM CDT

I have the same problem .all i would like is my money back.THe company have not sent any info .about there service or any thing and have took 119.86 out of my account.the program is some kind of scam .Did not want the service nor do i need .was trying to get a free walmart card and was listing to the promotions.They say you don't have to buy anything just listen.All lies,and on July 08,2013 they took the money out that was not their that i had to pay for .Would love my money back if there is help out their.

Jackie M., 2013-09-13, 09:05AM CDT

I've had the same problem as some of the above, I got hit for $116.74 in July and now I'm charged another $117.87 and when I dial the number to inquire about this situation it was first telling me they would have someone return my call all representatives were attending other customers, but guess what no return phone call. I tried several times with same message and now it's telling me this line has been disconnected. HELP.