Sony Nederland - Sony fraud with customer

Posted on Friday, January 9th, 2009 at 8:57am CST by af1cc469

Product: Sony cybershot DSC W35

Company: Sony Nederland

Location: Sony Nederland Een afdeling van Sony Benelux B.V. Schipholweg 275 1171 PK BADHOEVEDORP
1171 PK, NL

URL: http://www.sony.nl/

Gentleman,

This complaint is about my recent bitter experience with Sonys service franchise MBS E2E Services in Netherlands. I feel cheated by this company and request publishing this complaint in your website to make public aware about such fraud.

I purchased one Sony digital camera (DSC-W35 Sr. No. 7702182) in June 2007 and the camera stop functioning w.e.f November 2008. So I took it to MBS E2E Service located in Sony premise at Schepol, Amsterdam. They took it and issued receipt. After 20 days they sent a letter to my address stating that the camera is ready to be picked-up paying 27 service charge (refer attached letter). Nowhere it was written that this charge is for checking and not for repair. When I reached their office to take delivery, I was told that the camera could not be repaired and I have to pay 27 for checking charge. I have already spent 50 for twice going (once for depositing and once for collection) of the camera from my address at Amsterdam central and after that returned empty handed and paying 27 only to be told that the camera is un-repairable. MBS has done this trick (not writing in the letter that camera is un-repairable) to ensure that I should go to their office to take delivery so that they can recover 27. I have serious doubt that MBS has adequate competency to repair such digital camera since I was told that the main-board is faulty without offering me the option to replace the main board (whatever may be the cost).

Sony should stop cheating and harassing its customers by offering such poor service by an incompetent company like MBS. I wrote to Sony about this without receipt of any response from them.

Sujit Chakrabarti

Amsterdam, Netherlands

9158a83d, 2010-12-10, 02:22PM CST

Sony Omni Esupport conned me into purchasing a 69.99 help product to restore my computer to an "earlier" date ONLY... Instead they restored my entire computer, losing all of my data, making my computer worse and I requested all my conversation logs with the techs and there were several documents missing,and rewritten or my conversations with proof were deleted (FRAUD) They keep my money!