Citi Bank - Huge Annual Fee for Citi Bank Credit Card

Product: AAdvantage Platinum Credit Card

Company: Citi Bank

Location: Jacksonville, Fl, 32231-4180, US

URL: http://www.CitiCards.com/

I have been a loyal customer of Citibank for over a decade. I have the AAdvantage Credit Card. Last year we called and complained about the cost of the annual fee, which had risen. They reduced the fee and offered us miles. The customer service agent stated this could be an option we could use this year again rather than cancel the card. We kept the card and have continued to use it. This year I called again to have the fee reduced or removed. I was told that they were not going to reduce or remove the fee and I could cancel the card if I am not happy with their response. I was upset by this response as this is not what I was told previously. Honestly, there are too many credit cards out there that offer wonderful benefits to customers like me who have perfect credit and pay our bills on time. I have starting using another card during these past two years that offers no fee and provides great benefits. I see no use in keeping the Citibank credit card if they are going to charge huge annual fees. It seems a shame to lose a customer like me, but I don't mind canceling my card if customer service representatives are allowed to be untruthful and I am going to be charged to use their card. You would think Citibank would want to keep their customers. But I guess with billions of dollars being given out by the government, why should a company like Citibank provide good customer service?