Sears - Sears Repair Overcharge

Chairman Sears Holdings Corporation

3333 Beverly Road

Hoffman Estates, IL 60179

Mr. Lampert:

On 10 December, Sears serviced our washing machine. After paying $70.86 for a new pump, we were charged another $141.00 (+ $11.63 tax) for labor. This labor took 20 minutes to perform, which means that you are charging us $423 per hour! You sent out a technician; not a lawyer! This is OUTRAGEOUS!!!

If you reduce the labor from $141.00 to $41.00, you will still be charging us $123.00 per hour for labor, which should be more than enough! I have already heard the excuse that you dont charge by the hour; I dont care, you charged us $141.00 for 1/3 of an hours work, so that is $423 per hour!

I have phoned your company several times to complain, and ask for an adjustment of at least $100 on this $223.49 bill, but all I get is attitude from your telephone reps; they say that they can not make adjustments to this bill.

The matter is very simple, at this point; either you reduce this bill to a reasonable amount, or I will no longer do any business with your company, and I will make it my mission in life to tell everyone I know about your outrageous billing practices.

Do you think that customer service like this may be part of the reason that your stock has been down as much as 86% from its high, while Walmart has only been down 26%? All of the hype that I heard about what a great manager you are is obviously a load of crap! It is my fondest hope that SHLD goes bankrupt and that you are ousted as Chairman!

Warmest regards,