Columbia House Dvd Club - Columbia House Dvd Club Bait And Switch

Product: Columbia House Introductory Package

Company: Columbia House Dvd Club

Location: In, US

URL: http://columbiahouse.com

I received a advert which stated buy 7 dvds for .49 each plus shipping which should have been about $25 in total..I ordered the following dvds at .49 each plus shipping...Single white female, the silence of the lambs, red dragon collectors edition, sibling rivalry, psycho collectors edition,father of the bride, and urban legends Bloody Mary..these were suppose to be sent in my introductory package per their own terms..I also placed two advanced orders..the first was Urban Legend the second was Blind Fury..what I received instead of my promised introductory package of 7 dvds I received "Silence Of The Lambs" one of my .49 dvds, Urban Legends priced at $16.95 and Blind Fury priced at $11.94, (they charged me more for my two advanced orders to top it off..$2 more for each title)..Columbia House pulled a bait and switch on me..instead of getting my welcome package of 7 dvds paying for that should I decide to join they sent me the two advanced orders (charged two dollars more for each dvd) I would have gotten had I decided to join and paid for..they sent me the advanced orders first along with a single dvd from my welcome package..they gave me no choice in whether I join the club or not..I opened that package thinking my welcome dvds were inside instead inside was two dvds I was suppose to get AFTER I made my decision about whether I was staying in the club or not..they took my choice away from me now they want me to pay not only for the two advanced dvds now, but also for my welcome dvds I never even received..I emailed them and received the same canned dumber then a box of rocks response both times..Columbia House pulled a bait and switch on me..they have lost ALL of my future business..I DID NOT receive my 7 dvds priced at .49 a piece plus shipping instead what I got was three dvds only one was from my welcome package plus a bill for the welcome package I never even received..I will pay what I owe, but I will NOT buy another thing from them..another thing that angers me two dvds I ordered Psycho collectors edition and Red Dragon aren't even listed on my invoice as being owed to me!

c458eec9, 2009-01-07, 02:40PM CST

After receiving yet again the same stupid reply I answered with this email:

Read your own email I did NOT get my introductory dvds which are listed below..I only received 1 "The Silence Of The Lambs" I am still owed

Urban Legends: Bloody Mary 1 selection $0.49

Instead what I received was one from my introductory package at .49 and the two advanced orders which were priced at $2 more then they were listed at..ie: I was charged $2 more for each dvd..now you are telling me I have to pay over $45 prior to getting the introductory package which takes away my option of deciding I don't want to be in this club..read your own email especially the part that states "we'll also send you your Member Welcome Package, which will include the introductory DVDs you selected"

DVD Count As Price

The Silence of the Lambs Colle 1 selection $0.49

Urban Legend 1 selection $14.95

Blind Fury 1 selection $9.95

Total Items 9 selections

Shipping & Processing: $17.91

Order Total: $46.24

Again, Thanks for your application!"

I will send my payment when I receive the other 6 dvds I am owed in my introductory package and not before...I have all emails and I have saved the original page showing the terms of my joining your club I will forward all of this to every online site I file a complaint with. When you fulfill your side of this agreement I will complete mine..until then you are in fact the one breaking the contract with your refusal to adhere to the agreed upon terms..and I will forward all of my proof to anyone and everyone I have to to prove my case! All I am asking is that Columbia House fulfills their end of the bargain by sending all 6 not 4 not 3, but all 6 dvds as promised in the agreement if you refuse then you will get no further business or payment from me..I do have proof you went back on your end of the agreement..I will respond to no further emails until I receive the remaining 6 dvds as promised!! Donna

--- On Mon, 12/29/08, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:

From: [email protected] <[email protected]>

Subject: Thank you for your application

To: [email protected]

Date: Monday, December 29, 2008, 12:31 PM

Hi Donna ****,

Thanks for submitting your application to join the Columbia House DVD Club. We

recommend printing out a copy of this order confirmation for your records.

Just to let you know where things stand, we're now in the process of

reviewing your application, which should take about a week.

Once your application is approved, we'll send you an email notifying you of

your membership number, and instructions on how to register to shop on our

members-only website.

At that point, we'll also send you your Member Welcome Package, which will

include the introductory DVDs you selected:

DVD Count As Price

The Silence of the Lambs Colle 1 selection $0.49

Urban Legend 1 selection $14.95

Blind Fury 1 selection $9.95

Total Items 9 selections

Shipping & Processing: $17.91

Order Total: $46.24

Again, Thanks for your application

If I receive nothing they get nothing if I get my other 6 dvds I will pay for them, follow through with my commitment then leave the club..if they send me anymore dvds after that (ie: I leave the club) they are mine free and clear!

0f6e71b5, 2009-01-12, 10:55AM CST

Columbia Houses stupidity is ongoing..first they refused to cooperate with the BBB about my complaint citing prviacy issues..hello, I'm the one who filed the complaint..so I'm sending my permission in writing to the BBB...then I get an email stating there was a mistake in my welcome email..they infact only send a partial order..I told them that was not good enough..I know several people who joined their club and received that same email..ever hear of breach of contract if they refuse to send me my 6 missing dvds then I owe them nothing..they're breaking the contract ie: their own terms of service then that releases me from any debt to them..so they in essence have a choice either send me my 6 missing titles I pay in full order my remaining 4 dvds, two of which was going to be box sets get payment in full and keep me as a buying/paying customer..or be lying cheating asswipes lose all of my future business..they may get to keep their 6 dvds..but I will take my dvd business elsewhere, spread the word about how this shady business works, I will also keep my three free dvds..I refuse to honour my end of the deal in any fashion as long as they refuse to honour their end!

0f6e71b5, 2009-01-14, 12:45PM CST

Well, Columbia house refused to budge on this so I have ended my association with this shady business and I will be issuing a warning on this site and entitle it just "Columbia House Dvd Club" also since they in fact are guilty of breach of contract I am no longer in debt to them! Your loss I buy around 9 dvds a week..actually your HUGE Loss!