Sears - Maytag MF12568AEQ refergerator loud noise problems

Product: Maytag MF12568AEQ refergerator

Company: Sears

Location: Polaris Mall
Columbus, Oh, 43035, US

As of today, we have had 5-6 service calls on our Maytag side-by-side, with bottom freezer MF12568AEQ refergerator.

It makes a very loud noise that sounds like a fan hitting metal or ice. We can't carry on a conversation in the kitchen when this his happening.It doesn't do this all the time and we never know when it is going to happen. Each time a tech comes out, it wasn't making the noise, until 1/22/09 appt,when the tech leveled the frig and left again. That evening, the noise was back once again. I made another appt.1/24/09 in which they simply looked under it and said they can't find anything since it wasn't making the noise that moment. They had the nerve to tell me I would have to source and pinpoint the location of the problem. This frige is only approx 18-20 mos old. Fortuninately I purchased the extended warranty, but I have to keep missing work for each repair appointment, in which nothing ever gets resolved. This is totally unacceptable! We are also having problems with our washing machine HE Kenmore Elite, it has torn and shredded hundreds of dollars worth of clothes. I'd never recommend eith of these items.