HP Home & Home Office Store - HP Bad Return Policy

Posted on Friday, January 23rd, 2009 at 2:38pm CST by ffb7f2a3

Product: HP Printers

Company: HP Home & Home Office Store

URL: http://www.hpshopping.com/

Buyers beware! HP has a very short return period for their products. If you do not return them within a set period you are out of luck! All sales are then final! Even if you don't open the box. They will not accept a restocking fee to return a product after the short window of time.

I purchased an HP Photosmart A826 for my wife for Christmas. She didn't like it because she wanted a photo printer that would print up to 8X10 size prints. So we didn't open the box to the A826, and in January we went to Staples and bought an HP Photosmart C6380. I then called HP to request a "return authorization number" as it said to do on the packing list to return the A826, and was informed of the return period. Even before I could say anything they said they would connect me to "HP Cares" which I assumed would tell me how I could get a partial refund for the return. But no! There is no such thing as "HP Cares." It was a computerized menu for everything but returns and allowed no other responses. So here I am staring at a couple of HP LaserJet printers I use for my business and wishing I had bought Brother or Lexmark or anyone else. So buyer beware! The return date is right on the packing slip and you are SOL if you miss it. What a way to treat customers. Kodak has some nice photoprinters that use pigmented ink instead of dye which they say gives higher color quality and the prints last longer. Their print cartridges are also less expensive. Give them a look before dealing with HP.

Sincerely: A former long-term satisfied customer