Cuisinart - Cuisinart gave me the run-around

Company: Cuisinart

Location: 20 Constitution Blvd. South
Shelton, CT, 06484, US

URL: http://www.cuisinartwebstore.com

The company gave me a run around just for a 1.5 Qt. saucepan lid that was missing from the kit that my husband bought for me on Christmas. We emailed them on the 29th of December as soon as we got back from our vacation and they just responded by email on the 19th of January telling us to call an 800 number. I called the number today and they gave me a number for Cuisinart and I was thrown back to them. I only wanted to get the missing lid and they will charge me 30 bucks for it when we already paid for it in the first place. They will replace the entire set but one of the skillet in that set burnt when we used it the first time. I also emailed Cuisinart about it and a lady called me and told me they will not replace it since it was my fault I burnt it. So after all the explanation I made and the numbers I called I ended up not getting my lid that we have already paid for. Had they responded right away, we could have kept the burnt skillet and returned it to them but it took them almost a month to respond. I will never buy a Cuisinart product again. It's expensive but not superior to any stainless I have used in the past. I just can't figure out why a big company like Cuisinart would be so unwilling to ship the customer a missing piece that's only 30 bucks. And why is it that the Cuisinart Webstore and Cuisinart itself can't talk among themselves for the sake of good customer service. Very disappointing.