Merry Maids Corporate office - The worst customer service ever! Think twice before using Merry Maids

Posted on Sunday, January 18th, 2009 at 7:39pm CST by 84d8ce64

Product: Maid Servie

Company: Merry Maids Corporate office

Location: 3802 Fort Hill Drive
Memphis, TN, 38120, US

URL: http://merrymaids.com/

Be careful of Merry Maids in Washington DC and Merry Maids coporate officein Memphis TN. The local branch in Washington DC cleaned one of my houses for about 4 months. I had to call 3 times and remind them to clean and disinfect the kitchen appliances ( something that was discussed when the francise owner wrote the original estimate). After not showing up for a scheduled appointment one day I called the francise owner. He was rude and very disrespectful. I asked for the Merry Maids corporate phone number and he refused to give it to me. I found the phone number on my own and called. I can't tell how unfriendly and disorganized this company is. After leaving numerous messages for a member of the francise support team and getting no return phone calls I finally got a hold of the president ( it took 2 messages and over a week for her to call me back). I still never got Merry Maids to correct the problem. In these tough economic times you think a company would try to keep a loyal customer. If you are looking for a maid service I would think twice before bringing Merry Maids into your home due to the frustration and they have caused me.

9bfbcc60, 2011-03-27, 06:52PM CDT

I hired Merry Maids in West Lake Hills, Austin Texas last year to clean my house, while I was gone, which turned out to be a BIG MISTAKE and which I greatly regret. I WILL NEVER TRUST ANOTHER MERRY MAIDS EMPLOYEE TO CLEAN MY HOUSE AND STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT ANYONE WHO DOES, MAKE SURE TO WATCH THE EMPLOYEE DOING THE CLEANING. Unfortunately a Merry Maid employee somehow managed to pull a properly working fan (with a stained glass light attachment) out of the ceiling while attempting to clean it. The fan was installed over a decoratively etched glass table and when it came down the blades scratched the surface. I called Merry Maids and they gave me their word that they would pay for the damage. I decided not to ask them to replace the glass tabletop because it would have been costly if not impossible to match the existing table top.

After searching for a few months to find a fan I liked equally as well as the one the Merry Maids employee broke, I ordered a fan that I ended up not liking and returned it. In the meantime, I dropped off the fan at the office location in order that they would be able to see the quality of the fan that they would be replacing ?? or so I thought. After I finally found a suitable fan, I had installed and I filed the receipts with Merry Maids. They refused to reimburse me for the damages, alleging that my fan must not have been properly installed. I trusted their word and their supposed advertisement that they are insured, which means in my mind that if something gets broken while they are cleaning it they will cover the loss. I wasn??t there when it happened and their employee claims that she did not lose her balance and fall, grabbing onto the fan on the way down, which is the only way I believe that it would have been ripped out of the ceiling. I was told that they asked a local fan dealer who claimed that a fan wouldn??t come down during a routine cleaning. I don??t think they asked if that was the case if the person was clinging to it on their way down as they fell. I called that same company but the man who answered said that their company would not comment on ay fan that they did not install. I have many witnesses that can verify that the fan was not only in proper working order, it didn??t even wobble which would have indicated that it was loose. The owner decided that she had no responsibility to assume the liability and washed her hands of it, leaving me out of pocket for just under $600 in damages, not including the scratched table that I thought I was being a good sport about. Oh yeah, and I got to pay them over $300 to clean my house.