ikitchen.com, giantsavings.com, mykitchenandhome.com - Dishonest practices at ikitchen.com, giantsavings.com, mykitchenandhome.com

Posted on Thursday, January 1st, 2009 at 10:22pm CST by e3dd2b90

Product: Cuisinart Griddler GR4

Company: ikitchen.com, giantsavings.com, mykitchenandhome.com

Location: PO Box 230174
Brooklyn, NY, 11223, US

URL: http://ikitchen.com, giantsavings.com, mykitchenandhome.com /

On November 28, 2008, I ordered a Cuisinart Griddler GR4 from GiantSavings.com. The website indicated that the product would ship in 2-3 business days. After a couple of weeks, the product did not arrive and my online shipment status was not updated. I tried contacting giantsavings.com (which I have now learned also operates as mykitchenandhome.com, metromarket.com, and ikitchen.com) and did not get a response. After a couple of days, I contacted the paypal support address ([email protected]) and requested a status update. After a few more days, I received a response that they were sorry for the delay and that the product was backordered and would be shipped as quickly as possible.

I gave it another week and still did not receive any sort of update. The website always indicated that the product would ship in 2-3 days. I also noticed that the website started offering refurbished units at the price that I had purchased mine and that the new units were now $20 more. I sent another email to the service support and asked the status and confirmation that the unit they were planning to ship was not a refurbished unit. After a few days, I received a response that the unit still was back ordered and that the one I purchased was indeed a refurbished unit. My order confirmation and everything that I received from them never indicated that the unit was refurbished.

I requested a cancellation of my order and full refund of my payment through PayPal. After a few days, I had not received any sort of response so I filed a dispute with PayPal. I finally received a notice that my order had been cancelled.

I still have not received any sort of credit in my paypal account and can't get a response confirming when or if they are going to credit my account. There are no phone numbers available to call and the only way to contact them is through email. My next step is to file a claim through PayPal and hope that they can get my money back.

Be cautious of anything offered through these sites. I am not certain if they are legitimate businesses; if so, their business practices are questionable to say the least.