Eastside for Hire - Credit card fraud from Eastside for Hire Taxi

Product: Taxi service

Company: Eastside for Hire

Location: Seattle, WA, US

URL: http://www.eastsideforhire.com/

Spoke to dispatch to arrange to get a taxi sent to our house by 6 AM with instructions that we were going to the airport. The taxi did not arrive until 6:20 AM. We called the dispatch several times, but they didn't bother to check where the driver actually was. They kept saying that he was "only two minutes away." When the driver finally arrived, he did not apologize for being tardy.

He also claimed that he did *not* accept credit cards, even though the dispatcher *and* the website both clearly said that they do accept credit cards. Good thing we used a credit card, too.

When we arrived, he claimed that the fare was $45 even though the dispatcher and the website both said it was $35. While we were still disputing this fact, he swiped and charged my credit card without my authorization. Rather than risk missing our flight, I left the scene and did a chargeback later. The price he stated was in clear contradiction to the company's dispatchers and their website. [see 1]

The driver was discourteous and rude, and claimed that I "was dreaming" to think that the fare would be $35.

*** I STRONGLY CAUTION ANYONE AGAINST USING THIS SERVICE. THEY ARE UNRELIABLE AND NOTHING BUT A PAIN. ***

[1] To see the rate calculation for yourself, here is the company's rate calculator (we left from zip code 98103):

2b24f903, 2009-10-16, 04:16PM CDT

i am driver eastside . i sorry about that driver how mack our job hared.plzzz calls us again .or u can call me .206-501-7776 Ali . i am try to get your money back fore that driver an gived back to u.