HP - HP does not help with software issues

Posted on Saturday, February 28th, 2009 at 4:20pm CST by 03735a44

Product: HP Officejet 6210 All-in-One

Company: HP

URL: http://www.hp.com/

I called a representative at HP because my HP computer runs VISTA and my HP Officejet 6210 All-in-One printer software does not support VISTA, the latest version it supports is XP. So I called the customer service number and a gentleman gave me the option of upgrading; yet, he never specified there was more than one way to address my problem. After I informed him that I did not want to buy a new printer from HP he informed me that they have a patch to address the software issue; that appeared deceitful to me. He could of informed me there were two ways to correct this problem; however, he only informed me of the patch after I told him I did not want to buy a new printer. This patch would cost $34 because I would have to be transferred to a support person. I informed him that I thought he should just point me to the website to download this patch. He said he could not because my two year warranty had expired. I told him that he would not gain customer loyalty for his products if a newer model computer and older printer don't work together because of software issues even though they are both made from the same company; the whole reason I bought an HP is because I have an HP All-in-One and did not want to have compatibility issues. I will no longer buy HP for any reason and will stick to Apple. My Apple still works with the HP printer but I wanted all my computers to be able to use the All-in-One. I guess customer service and gaining customer loyalty is no longer a priority for businesses. Oh and by the way he tried to get moral on me by telling me I can't get whatever I want; that was not professional. He obviously was passive aggressive about something and was trying to take it out on me. I hope HP sees this if they want to stay competitive because I assure you they will loose market share because of this.