Experian - Experian - Crossed My Credit with Someone Else's

Posted on Wednesday, February 25th, 2009 at 12:14pm CST by d164805c

Product: Credit Bureau

Company: Experian

URL: http://www.experian.com/

Experian alone - not the two other credit reporting agencies - has TOTALLY crossed my credit with someone elses, a family member who has the same name as me. Half of the accounts were started before I was born!

I need a credit report from Experian to be able to dispute these accounts on my credit history - but wait - YOU CAN'T GET A CREDIT REPORT (because of the security questions, address match-ups, etc) IF THE HISTORY ISN'T YOURS! How on earth am I supposed to fix this?!?!? Experian is the ONLY credit bureau that doesn't allow you to talk to a person until you've purchased a credit report (which I have to pay for even though it's their mistake?). If I can't get a credit report, what am I supposed to do?!?!?

I really, really want a way to talk to a PERSON at this company, so I can get a copy of my credit report. It's impossible. I don't know how they stay in business, legally, if they are capable of ruining someone's life like this.

Oh, and the part of their website where you order your credit report has been down for over two weeks. I am tech savvy and it's not my computer or connection; their website says it is undergoing maintenance. TWO WEEKS? That in itself should be illegal considering this is about CREDIT HISTORY.

f0139262, 2009-10-26, 05:03PM CDT

The entire credit reporting industry is a big consumer rip-off. Why something hasn't been done about this is a mystery to me. I totally agree...why do they even offer a chance to view your "immediate" credit report online when I have been denied every single year when I've tried? And my husband as well??? Help straighten this mess out, President Obama. We need change!!!!

e7df3dcd, 2010-02-24, 05:48PM CST

I have never in my life had an account with lane bryant I wish that yall take it off my credit I would like all my debts submitted to me in proof of the collectors claim I would like to dispute the claim in writing within 30 days.