Lightspeed Consumer Panel - New Scam-MoneyGram

Posted on Monday, February 23rd, 2009 at 11:48am CST by 10233caa

Product: Lightspeed Consumer Panel

Company: Lightspeed Consumer Panel

Location: 180 Mount Airy Road Suite 100, Basking Ridge, NJ 07920 1000 Main Street, N. Oakville, ON L6V-5Q7
Basking Ridge, NJ, 07920, US

A letter from with Lightspeed Consumer Panel letterhead arrived via mail asking me to complete a survey. Enclosed was a check for $1765.59. $1470 of which was to be transferred via MoneyGram @ any Walmart location for a $75 fee. I was to keep $220.59. I deposited the check and waited 3 days for it to clear and then withdrew the $1545 and proceeded per the instructions. However, after doing so I called my bank and they informed me I was overdrawn and realized it was a scam and went back to the Walmart/MoneyGram and had my money returned. I have to check with my bank and figure out why they allowed a stop payment after the check cleared, because they were able to stop payment on the check therefore overdrawing my account.

df452ac5, 2009-07-21, 10:36PM CDT

I received two checks today from this same company. Thanks for posting about this scam. I suspected it was a scam and glad I did not deposit the checks or sent any moneygram. Thank too to Google.

56910e79, 2009-09-10, 04:54PM CDT

I also received, via snail mail, the same Lightspeed letterhead survey. Enclosed was 2 checks, one written out to me in the amount of $1,987.22 and $1,987.11 with instructions to perform a MoneyGram at any 2 Walmart locations for a Customer Service Evaluation. I did some research online and came to find that the names, addresses, and account# on the checks were fake. I also called the only contact # on the letter. One for a Mr. Michael Daddy. I inquired about the process and expressed interest but was told to "rip up the checks," and that i "can not continue with this survey" after i started asking pertinant questions. The man on the other side of the phone got even more pushy and defensive as soon as i mentioned anything about my normal concerns of this possibly being a scam. All in all, the information provided didnt add up. Lightspeed and Chase Bank deny involvement and I wasnt taken advantage of, could have been but wasn't. Do your research . . . stay aware, stay safe.

d9826600, 2009-10-05, 06:50PM CDT

I recieved two checks for $950 each and a letter to go to Walmart Moneygram and wire the funds minus the fee and $200 for me. I was to complete a survey when done. I thought it was a little suspicous to have me send that huge amount of money, so I called Moneygram and they told me the checks were fake. People need to watch out for these kind of scams! If it seems to good to be true it probably is!

68feed76, 2010-04-11, 11:24PM CDT

I have received this email at least 5 times. IT IS HARD FOR ME TO BELIEVE THAT ANYONE WOULD ACTUALLY FALL FOR THIS