- Appliances, Equipment, Tools
- Arts, Crafts
- Building, Construction
- Business, Finances
- Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Vehicles
- Clothing, Shoes, Apparel
- Computers, Software
- Consumer Electronics
- Delivery, Moving Services, Storage
- Gambling Games
- Games, Gaming Consoles
- Government, Police
- Health, Beauty
- Home, Garden
- Internet Services
- Jewelry, Watches
- Job, Career
- Kids, Baby
- Law, Civil Rights
- Magazines, Newspapers
- Nature, Environment
- News, Media
- Online Scams
- Online Shopping
- Pets, Animals
- Products, Services
- Public Transportation, Taxi
- Real Estate
- Restaurants, Bars
- Scam Contests
- Society, Culture
- Sports, Recreation
- Stores, Shopping
- Travel, Vacations
- TV, Music, Video
- Unauthorized Charges
- Unsolicited Phone Calls
- Wedding Services
Garden State Veterinary Specialists - GARDEN STATE VETERINARY SPECIALISTS GET LOW MARKS
Posted on Saturday, February 21st, 2009 at 7:05am CST by 33769538
Product: Veterinary Specialists Hospital
Company: Garden State Veterinary Specialists
Location: One Pine Street
TINTON FALLS, NJ, 07753, US
Category: Pets, Animals
In our opinion Garden State Veterinary Specialists should be investigated by the State Of New Jersey for possible negligence, possible unethical practices and possible over charges or unauthorized charges.
They may have been negligent in prescribing too high of a dose of steroids which led to internal stomach bleeding several days after our pet started taking it.
In my opinion they overconfidently misled us into believing that a blood transfusion for our pet would give her a very good chance of recovery.
I felt that they led us to believe that our pet's illness had been mended by them to the point that we could take her home and begin her rehabilitation recovery.
We went to pick our girl up and she could not walk on her own, only with a sling wrapped around her body and held by someone to support her. Her hind leg was paralyzed and dragging and buckling over as we tried to hold her up.
When we questioned the Intern he said it was because she had been laying on it for so long.
The intern did not mention the possibility that she might have had a stroke while in their care prior or during the blood transfusion.
$ 8,000 Later, with several of those charges for tests we did not approve and a horrible 36 hours after we brought our pet home she started bleeding out of her mouth and we had to put her to sleep.
The complaint here is as follows:
1) Possible Misdiagnosis of her illness
2) Charging for treatment we did not approve
3) Possibly Withholding vital information about our pets chances of survival and running up the charges in the process.
4) Irresponsibly releasing our pet before she was properly mended.
5) Trying to cover up their mistakes by blaming us for her problems and not taking any responsibility for any of their actions.
6) Not responding to my inquiries regarding treatment that was not approved by us but charged to us.
7) It took two weeks for Dr, Scavelli to return my calls.
8) Dr. Demarco acted insensitively and arrogantly in our opinion and seemed more interested in exploiting our situation than being honest and caring.
In my opinion this hospital appears to practice medicine unchecked and with no fear of any consequences.
The moment we entered this hospital they made us feel like they were doing us a favor.
You are presented with an estimate for what they believe the treatment would cost prior to any evaluation and then make you pay it right away.
If anyone else has experienced what we have please contact us. I would consider a class action against this institution for the sole purpose of forcing them to change their methods and become more caring and accountable for what they do.
I still have not heard back from them regarding my inquiries for the unauthorized charges.
I feel our humane laws just don't properly protect us from possible veterinary mistakes. It's almost like some of the veterinarians know that not much would happen if they made mistakes or if they acted insensitive or arrogant.
We can't be the only ones who feel this way !
Let us know we are not crazy !