Microsoft Corporation - Fable II Limited Edition DLC

Location: 1 Microsoft Way
Redmond, Wa, 98052, US

URL: http://www.xbox.com

This is a copy of an e-mail I sent to the Better Business Bureau:

On January 6, 2009, I purchased "Fable II Limited Collectors Edition" for the XBox 360, which was supposed to include a bonus DVD and extra downloadable content (DLC). Nowhere on the box or any advertising does it say "Available To The First ## Customers" or anything like that, so when I opened the package and found it didn't come with a redemption code to download the content, I went to the XBox web site and found out this was a known problem, but unfortunately, the article about the issue had an expiry date (12/31/2008) and I guess anyone who purchased the game after that date is out of luck. I sent two e-mails to XBox support, who told me to call them, but when I did, they also said there's nothing they can do.

Usually, false advertising is illegal, but if your name is Microsoft, it's fine?

0266e181, 2011-02-27, 01:18AM CST

Still an ongoing issue... recently purchased the "Limited Edition" of Fable II with the aforementioned free DLC code (which was missing from the box).

Agree that false adverising is an issue here. I doubt Lionhead will ever get another penny from me!