verizon fraud and billing scams

Posted on Thursday, February 19th, 2009 at 1:57pm CST by 276a96ef

Company: Not Available

verizon opened an unauthorized account in my name(admittedly so). however they refuse to credit my account or resolve the bill which is well over 400.00 plus late fees and interest. Of course they give the same story that they will take care of it, until you finally give up anyway I'm filing a PUC complaint and would, like to start a class action lawsuit, anyone interested?

c1ef11bb, 2009-08-30, 01:09PM CDT

I have a complaint about fraudulent billing on my Verizon account, but not knowing more about what your specific problem is, it is difficult to say. I will be filing w/the PUC myself, but it has to do with a Kazaa subscription appearing on my phone bill where I not only never ordered anything, I have no idea how they would have gotten my name, phone number, and into my Verizon account. Adding insult to injury - and supporting the fraud-intent in my mind - I called the number for the "service" that is listed on the Verizon bill. I held for many minutes and then was told by the auto-attendent that there were too many calls and that I could call back or leave a message. I have not had a return call(surprise) since I left my messages several days ago.

bdf09f43, 2009-09-08, 06:54PM CDT

absolutely here is what happened to me

In January of 2008 I set up internet and cable service with Verizon and have been paying a total of $98.86 per month, since that time. July 3, 2008 I replaced my TV with a hi definition set.

I called Verizon and asked what the monthly charge was for the hi-def service and was told that I would need the box and that it would be $9.99 a month. I explained to the rep that I was on a set income ( I am a senior citizen) and was he sure it would only be $9.99 a month plus tax. I was told that was the case so I ordered the box, which my son installed on July 12, 2008. On July 15th I took the old box to UPS with the label provided by Verizon and sent it back. I received my usual bill for $98.86.

In August the router for my internet service went out and when I called to get a new one I found out that I was going to be billed for both boxes as they did not have a record of the other box being returned, and if and when they found it would take approximately 90 days for a credit. This box is $4.99 plus tax.

Well my August bill arrived to the tune of $141.17. I am sure you can imagine my surprise. I called and the first Customer Service Rep ? told me that the partial month shown on the bill was because when my service was out it kicked my billing out of a bundle plan. So in other words I was paying $46.07 for their faulty equipment. After a few heated words she told me I would have to talk to the FIOS department to get a credit. I was transferred there where I was told by the rep that he was service not billing so he transferred me back to billing. This time I talked with a fellow by the name of Chris. Chris said that the $46.07 was a partial month for the new bundle plan I was under. I told him I knew nothing about a new bundle plan and that I was told I would be paying an addition $9.99 a month plus tax. I have budgeted for a cost of around $110.00 a month. It is now going to be $121.00 a month. I was also told that if I cancelled my service I would need to pay $178.00 for breaking a contract, which I dont have. He did however, manage to track down the other box and assured me he would see that I got credit in the next couple of months.

I feel that Verizon has taken unfair advantage of me and I am sure I am not the only one. I know that a lot of people will shrug off $15.00 a month, pay it and go on. I am sure this is exactly what Verizon has in mind. It is time they are made accountable.

Julie Grimmett

Flower Mound, TX

73ae5363, 2009-11-03, 10:55AM CST

they claimed that a year and a half ago i put 2 accts on vacation mode ( for up to 9 months) then 18 months later they start taking money out of our checking acct as the accts are suddenly "activated"

with no explanation...

they owe me 164 plus hours of cell phone use and frustration...

i will be suing them ! if they had just sent a bill - i would have told the to jump in a lake - but they just went into my checking and took the money!!!

78ec9d55, 2009-12-20, 12:53AM CST

I am pissed off about verizon wireless condidering that I had terminated my account in Dec,08,08. But verizon elected to suspend my account to maintain biling for no services. Despite my record on time payments. I have read most complaints from people about verizon wireless. In my situation talking to an on-line attorney I could sue verizon for the remainder of the contract until they validity terminate the contract. But know they are saying i'm being charged in-advance but the incongruent statements verizon is say before, i'm being credit for this and that, this month and that month. but ultimtely no refund. verizon is a turncoat company that should be sued and go down. I cant stand this company with passion.

b1d2455f, 2010-03-21, 10:36PM CDT

I just opened mail from them that was NOT marked "statement enclosed" and guess what I found? A bill for $153.00. I signed up for the triple play in Dec but did not verify because when I went to set up a date for the Cable I found out it was for FIOS DISH and I am not allowed a dish in my apt. I told them they did not disclose that and that I wanted the whole package canceled which they said they would take care of but.... waa-la SCAM!

d53f86ed, 2011-01-26, 06:11PM CST

I got scammed by Verizon billing. A few years ago I closed my wireless account. Good luck with that! It took me months for them to stop charging me even after service was discontinued. I thought it had been resolved only to get a collection notice. Apparently they never closed the account and continued to accrue charges of some kind. It never ends! Verizon is a scam!

ddf300e2, 2011-10-11, 07:11PM CDT

Verizon is the worst company I dealt with. They will cheat you left and right if you get involved in an auto-pay program. They will add and delete services without the customers knowledge and bill them. Try to get the invalid charges removed and they are in total denial but are very adept at switching you to other departments-usually the wrong one that cannot help resolve the issue. Choose another company or complain to the Public Utilities commission each and every time they try to cheat you.

92e0cdac, 2011-11-06, 02:09PM CST

YES!!! HOW DO THEY GET AWAY WITH FRAUD? HAVE SET TOP BOXES ON MY BILL I DO NOT HAVE. SUDDENLY LAST MARCH EPIX SHOWED UP ON MY BILL - NEVER ORDERED. HAVE BEEN CHARGED $9.99 A MONTH SINCE. ALSO TV SERVICE IS BUNDLED - BUT SUDDENLY IN FEBRUARY I WAS CHARGED TWICE - ONCE IN THE BUNDLE, AND ONCE SEPARATELY. THEN IN JULY - THE SECOND CHARGE DROPPED OFF. EPIX IS STILL THERE. CUSTOMER SERVICE IS A JOKE - HIDEOUS. CLASS ACTION SUIT NEEDED.