Socal Autorization Center - California EDD

Company: Socal Autorization Center

Location: PO BOX 19007
SAN BERNARDINO, CA, 92423-9007, US

URL: http://www.edd.ca.gov/

I RECEIVED A LETTER FROM: SOCAL AUTHORIZATION CENTER, PO BOX 19007, SAN BERNARDINO, CA 92423-9007, CLAIMING THE FOLLOWING:

YOUR ORIGINAL CLAIM FORM FOR THE WEEK(S) ENDING 01-31-09 WAS INCOMPLETE OR INCORRECT. THE DUPLICATE FORM WAS ALSO INCOMPLETE OR INCORRECT. PLEASE CALL 1-800-300-5616 IMMEDIATELY. BUT NO LATER THAN 02-23-09 BEFORE PAYMENTS CAN CONTINUE. IF YOU ARE NOT CLAIMING BENEFITS FOR THIS PERIOD, YOU MAY REOPEN YOUR CLAIM TO CONTINUE BENEFITS.

THERE WAS NO COPY OF THE DOCUMENT(S) I SUBMITTED THROUGH THE MAIL SHOWING THE ALLEGED ERRORS, NOR WERE THERE ANY SPECIFIC DETAILS AS WHAT THESE ALLEGED MISTAKES WERE.

I HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR TWO WEEKS TO MAKE CONTACT VIA THE PHONE NUMBERS PROVIDED BY EDD. WHEN I FINALLY DID GET THROUGH, I WAS TOLD THAT I WAS TALKING TO THE DISABILITY INSURANCE BRANCH. THE LADY I SPOKE TO THE FIRST TIME GAVE ME THE NUMBER I HAD BEEN USING. WHEN I TRIED IT AGAIN, I GOT THE SAME RESULTS. SO THERE MAY BE A GLITCH IN YOUR PHONE SWITCHING SYSTEM. I BELIEVE THIS IS PROBABLY A COMPUTER ERROR. THATS WHY I AM WRITING, SO YOU CAN BE AWARE OF THIS PROBLEM.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS WITH THE FORMS. OR YOU CAN JUST SEND THE CHECKS IF YOU HAVE ALREADY FOUND THE MISTAKE. I WILL EAGERLY AWAIT YOUR RESPONSE.

AJ

b93bba90, 2009-06-15, 02:30PM CDT

did you get a response to this? i'm having the same problem. please help.

a77e794a, 2009-08-29, 05:54PM CDT

I'm going through the same thing for the second time with EDD. As far as I can tell, I've filled out the forms completely and accurately. If I didn't know any better, I'd say that the California EDD is scamming people. They never tell you what you did (supposedly) wrong on the forms and it's impossible to get into contact with them without standing in a long line at the office or calling the governor's office to have EDD call you. Considering that I've paid into unemployment for my entire working life and have been forced to use it for the first time ever, it shouldn't be this difficult to get MY money back. And it is my money. I handed it over to the government to hold onto in case I even need to use it. This is ridiculous.

95970fa5, 2009-09-23, 07:57PM CDT

9-23-09

I just received my second rejection and I feel the State is trying to delay paying. I took extra care to fill in the form correctly and completely. I tried to call and could not get into their waiting queue. What the H......!

9da8d117, 2009-10-14, 12:48PM CDT

It just a delay tactics by EDD, I think the state is run out of money. I was terminated from my job since July this year, and just because I have marked that I am collecting my pension from the Military, they delay my claim and set a date for the interview which is about a month later. To get to talk to someone at EDD is impossible, seems like they put they phone on automation answering mode all day and all night. They need to hire more employees to work at EDD office to help people according to the unemployment rate. A month waiting for the interview is unacceptable. We pay into this insurance every paycheck, but when the time we need to use it, they playing stupid game and don't want to pay you. After the interview, I have to wait for two more weeks to receive my check, and my benefits was not a full benefit just because I am receive the pension from the military.

My second claim forms, I have marked that I am attended school training, because I think it's a good idea to make myself better for the job market, I did not stop looking for a job and my school that I will attend is only part time and on line. Again, the EDD stop my payment, and set the date for an interview about a month later. I don't see why they are doing this? I go out of my way to seek the training and do my best to get a job, yet EDD stop support you with the money which the one you pay into it. This is really disappointed me in the government system. What we need is to have a private sector unemployment insurance company, they probably will do the better job. The services will fast, friendly and have a live person to discuss your case, not the machine.

1ee91279, 2009-10-20, 02:48PM CDT

Same thing here, I supposedly checked the box did not look for work one week. and I haven't received a check in 5 weeks. I sent them another email detailing places I looked for work that week, they then scheduled me for an earlier appointment which they did not keep. I've lost my Cobra insurance because I can't pay for that now.

7e7ae43d, 2009-10-23, 09:09PM CDT

They did the samething to me as well but heres a way to egt a hold of them:

Call 1-800-300-5616 There will be 2 different Messages that answer one says Thank you for calling EDD with a high pitched voice, dont bother just hang up. The other says Welcome to EDD this is the one you want, keep calling til you get this greeting then as soon as you hear "Welcome to..." dial in 12117 and you will get an Agent to speak to you sometimes you have to try more then once but you will get through. 2nd piece of advice If one Agent is unwilling to help you, CALL BACK and dont let them off the line unless they resolve your issue. If they say their gonna cut you a check call this number everyday 1-866-333-4606 and dont wait more then 3 days. If they dont call them back and make sure they take care of you. Always be POLITE and dont let them hear you sweat. Goodluck

df2d7cbc, 2009-10-28, 04:02PM CDT

Their phone service is insane. My husband had to take me to an important oncologist appt and tried to call to reschedule his telephone interview that was scheduled. Getting through is futile, so we had to cancel the doctor's visit. I did hear of a trick on another site that hasn't worked for me, but apparently has for some people. When you call the number 1-800-300-5616 if you hear "Welcome to the EDD" dial 12117. If you hear "Thank you for calling" hang up - you won't get through. I'm still trying as my husband has no patience for this stuff - I deserve some flowers!!

dbd85eaf, 2009-12-01, 08:01PM CST

I am in the same situation and wrote to the EDD Commissioner, the Governor and other "officials" who really do not give a damn. I finally resorted to contact my State representative and in no time I got someone from EDD call me and rectify a mistake made by EDD.

The thing to do is to HOLLER and write letter after letter because CHAOS is what is happening at EDD. The more people will complain and speak up the better the chances to s

2c0cb301, 2009-12-18, 11:14AM CST

Here is a directory of the phone numbers for EDD:

(give it a couple of seconds to load)

547a25dc, 2010-03-11, 02:05PM CST

"I did hear of a trick on another site that hasn't worked for me, but apparently has for some people. When you call the number 1-800-300-5616 if you hear "Welcome to the EDD" dial 12117. If you hear "Thank you for calling" hang up - you won't get through." THIS DOES WORK. The first time I tried it I did get into a waiting hold but then was disconnected because they're "busy". Second time I tried it I talked to someone.

5b0f6dbb, 2010-10-28, 02:44PM CDT

thank you thank you thank you... that secret worked for me.. my bf got laid off in sept, only got one check... he turned in everything... and still 5 or maybe 6 weeks and nothing... i think its because the state has no money, so they make it harder and harder for us, the ones who desperately need it, to get it. we had emailed them already too, and got nothing in return... quite annoying. for those of you who are not able to get anyone, keep trying... and keep using those numbers, it took a couple times but it works.

robert g., 2013-04-22, 03:07PM CDT

Hi my name is Robert. I started getting unemployment 4 months ago. I was getting $810 every 2 weeks. Now they are giving me $184. I noticed this is a old claim forum. It says it expires 03-06-2010. I know this is a mistake please help me and fix the problem. I have house payment and car payment and I'm about to loose both of them. Please please help me and my family.

e7c45a8b, 2013-11-05, 02:31PM CST

The company I was with closed its location and I became laid off as a result, through no fault of my own. This took place on 9/4/2012. I received a letter entitled "Notice of Unemployment Insurance Award" dated 10/10/13 and was told I was being extended from 9/1/2013 until 8/30/2014. To date, I have received nothing. I have a copy of the certified letter I sent on October 31st to EDD signed by James Pulley and have not heard back from him. In the interim, an unrelated notice came in the mail for the week beginning 9/15/13 to 9/21/13 asking me for jobs I applied to that week. None of this is making sense to me and it's impossible to get through on a phone line anywhere. Can someone help me out there? The government certainly can't. I have worked for many years and am having trouble getting jobs because of my age -- not my ability. Thanks