- Appliances, Equipment, Tools
- Arts, Crafts
- Building, Construction
- Business, Finances
- Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Vehicles
- Clothing, Shoes, Apparel
- Computers, Software
- Consumer Electronics
- Delivery, Moving Services, Storage
- Gambling Games
- Games, Gaming Consoles
- Government, Police
- Health, Beauty
- Home, Garden
- Internet Services
- Jewelry, Watches
- Job, Career
- Kids, Baby
- Law, Civil Rights
- Magazines, Newspapers
- Nature, Environment
- News, Media
- Online Scams
- Online Shopping
- Pets, Animals
- Products, Services
- Public Transportation, Taxi
- Real Estate
- Restaurants, Bars
- Scam Contests
- Society, Culture
- Sports, Recreation
- Stores, Shopping
- Travel, Vacations
- TV, Music, Video
- Unauthorized Charges
- Unsolicited Phone Calls
- Wedding Services
LifeWatch USA - LifeWatch USA Poor customer Service
Posted on Tuesday, February 17th, 2009 at 10:50am CST by 906bf7e5
Product: emergency call system for elderly parent
Company: LifeWatch USA
In mid. Dec 2008, i signed up my elderly mother for LifeWatch USA, after checking them out online and talking to them multiple times on the phone. The customer service has been very disappointing!
1) I was never told in multiple calls that i would need a DSL filter (she has cable TV and internet); When i finally was told about this DSL filter right when i ordered, i had to actually delay my return home to drive into town (far) where my mom lives to buy the DSL filter
from Radio Shack (good thing she had a Radio Shack in town!)
2) The equipment arrived 3 days later than i was told it would.
3) Upon receipt of the box, there was an equipment-return fee that had NEVER been mentioned in phone conversations or on website;
4) There was a photo-copied HAND-DRAWN sketch of how to hook up the unit, and NO mention or instructions on how to use the supposedly required DSL filter;
5) Different places on the website gave different promises of how far the unit "reached" in capability, and how long the battery back up would last. The girl i was talking with said they hadn't updated the website yet.
6) When i called someone about all this when my mom had finally received the unit, the first 2 people i talked to had no answers for me about these issues. I was assured the "supervisor would call me back on Monday." No one ever called. Then came multiple health
crises for 2 sets of parents and the holidays, and i set these concerns aside.
7) I phoned there again recently when my mom was in hospital very ill; i wanted to notify them; customer service ends at 5 PM! I left my name and number, and no one called back.
8)On Wednesday (Jan. 14), i called again. Pam the customer service rep was very dismissive of my questions and
suggestions, saying they were "petty"; she constantly interrupted me, was obviously eating during the call, and made little attempt to respond to my complaints. She did apologize for no one calling me back.
She said the bottom line is that my mom has the emergency system 24/7. I said that there are many companies that can do this, but what would make a company stand out is the quality of their customer service, and as far as i was concerned, they were batting zero with me right now. She said, "Other companies have a very high rate of complaints, and we charge less. Happy New year." ... and rang off.
So then I posted an email about all this directly on their website, and have never heard back from any company rep.