1800mobiles.com - 1800mobiles unfair and rude to customers

Posted on Friday, February 13th, 2009 at 7:34am CST by 62b0a6e9

Product: Cell Phone Products

Company: 1800mobiles.com

URL: http://1800mobiles.com/

I was in need for a cell phone charger that I was unable to locate in local stores, so I took my search to the internet. I came across 1800MOBILES.COM and I was delighted to find the charger that I needed for my cell phone on your site for a very good price. Apparently its all how things are worded. I feel as though I was taken advantage of by your wording of prices and shipping protocol.

I placed my order for a cell phone charger (which regular price according to your site is $19.95 and 1800mobile.coms price is $6.90) on Saturday early A.M. I paid extra for UPS 2nd Day Air shipping for a total cost of $26.85. I received a confirmation email on Saturday, January 31, 2009 at 9:02 AM Eastern Time confirming the receipt of my recent order at 1800mobiles.com. Your site states Please allow 5 business days for ground orders (all orders placed after 3:30 PM Eastern Time are considered for shipping the next business day). Since I placed my order early A.M on Saturday and paid an extra shipping cost for UPS 2nd Day Air Delivery, I expected to receive the item sometime Monday February 2, 2009. On Feb 2nd I receive an email at 2:30 P.M. stating Package Sent via: UPS 2-DAY AIR Tracking information to follow on forthcoming email later this evening. Invoice#: 508882 PO # 1800MOBILES.COM-320431. I did receive a follow up email with tracking information later that evening but not until 10:02 P.M. When I checked the tracking information on UPS.com it told me that my order was processed at 8:31 P.M on February 2nd 2009 and scheduled to be delivered Weds February 4th 2009. This is the 3rd business day and a full 5 days after I placed my order.

I am very displease and angry with this ordering procedure since I paid an extra $19.95 for UPS 2-DAY AIR shipping when the order wasnt dealt with for 2 full days after I placed my order. UPS did not receive my order information until 8:31 P.M on Monday February 2nd. I placed my order around 8 A.M on Saturday January 31st 2009. No where on the website could I find where it states that orders placed on Saturday or Sunday will NOT be processed until the following Monday OR the next business day. Many businesses, with the exceptions of post offices, banks, and government offices, are open Monday through Saturday. Your website 1800mobiles.com does not state that you are not operational on Saturdays or that all orders placed on Saturday will be processed the following Monday or the next business day. I was deceived into thinking that placing an order on any day, with the exception of Sundays, would be processed that same ordering day if it was done before 3:30 P.M. Eastern Time. Even then, my order was not placed with UPS until after business hours on a business day, 8:31 P.M on Monday when I placed my order around 8 A.M on Saturday January 31st 2009.

When I tried to access my account on 1800mobiles.com I would click on Account located at the top of the 1800mobile.com screen and would receive the following error page in response. https://order.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/cust-reg?catalog=1800mobiles&mode=status Error: order.store.yahoo.com is not a valid URL. Please point all checkout actions to order.store.yahoo.net You have encountered a file path that is no longer valid. Please contact the store merchant to continue with your order and to report this error.

To recap, I purchased a $6.90 item and paid $19.95 for 2nd day air shipping. I paid an extra $19.95 only to have a 4-6 day delivery of my item. Basically I paid the regular price for my item $19.95 and $6.90 for shipping. This makes no sense when Usps Priority 5-7 business day shipping is $5.95 and Ups Ground 5 business day shipping is $6.95. Why would someone knowingly pay for expedited shipping when regular time frame delivery is only 5 cents more?

I will not recommend this company to any of my friends, family, co workers or associates. I feel as though that perhaps I was taken advantage of by your shipping protocol.

I am requesting a reimbursement of my shipping cost since I received the item the 3 business days and a full 5 days after I placed my order.

*****

Dear Ms. Labinski Customer service and customer satisfaction is very important to us here at 1800mobiles.com. I have looked into your order and even tracked it using our website and wasable to confirm your order was shipped via UPS second day air as requestedand delivered on time. Our hours of Operation are Monday Through Friday 10:00 am to 6:00 pm.The order that you placed was processed on Monday and shipped viatwo day air from our warehouse in California. Delivery on Wednesdayis two days.

****

Please show or tell me where on the website, 1800mobile.com it states that "Our hours of Operation are Monday Through Friday 10:00 am to 6:00 pm." As stated earlier, I could not find anywhere on the site where it stated that Orders placed on Saturday are not processed until Monday. Even then it wasnt processed until late evening Monday night when I placed my order Early AM on Saturday. When I went to check my account status on the site, all I got was an error message, then I went to send an email and the link did not work. For some reason a space was placed into the address, a space which I had to manually delete from the supported email address in order to send the company an email. 1800mobile.com seems to make it extremely hard for a customer to easily order and contact any representative from the company. I will not be recommending this company or webite to anyone.~ Tara Labinski

******

http://www.1800mobiles.com/info.html USPS Priority not available on all areas. All orders placed during the weekend are for Monday release. All orders placed after 3.30 PM Eastern Time are considered for shipping the next business day. 1800mobiles.com does not ship during Federal Holidays.

Business day refer to Monday through Friday. Your order was processed onthe next business day Monday via Two Day Air and delivery on the second business day Wednesday. Sorry you feel that way but your order was shipped as per requested.

*******

Thank you for the reply but there was no need for the attitude. I purchased a $6.90 item and paid $19.95 for 2nd day air shipping. I paid an extra $19.95 only to have a 4-6 day delivery of my item. Basically I paid the regular price for my item $19.95 and $6.90 for shipping. This makes no sense when Usps Priority 5-7 business day shipping is $5.95 and Ups Ground 5 business day shipping is $6.95. Why would someone knowingly pay for expedited shipping when regular time frame delivery is only 5 cents more? My order was "processed" late Monday evening, 8:31pm, and arrived early Weds morning, 11:02am. So in fact the delivery time was 38.5 hrs, not even a full two days for delivery, which is excellent service. But this is unacceptable when the order was placed, 96, give or take an hour, previous to the arrival time. I will never understand how people and companies can knowingly take advantage of other people. Whether it be by misleading them, lying to them, or offering misconstruing information.

******

I will not recommend this company to any of my friends, family, co workers or associates. I feel as though I was taken advantage of by your shipping protocol and was unable to access my account on your website then the email address was incorrect.

*******

Sorry you feel that way, not sure what you mean about attitude.

dd8d5853, 2009-02-13, 09:56AM CST

Customer placed an order Saturday,Our customer service section clearly indicates orders submitted Saturday and Sunday would be processed Monday the next business day. The order was processed and shipped TWO air as requested by the customer.Date Sat Jan 31 09:02:38 EST 2009

Ship to Tara Labinski 22 A West Chestnut St Clayton NJ 08312

2524125121 UPS tracking Tracking Number: 1Z 1Y1 F26 02 0028 443 1

Type: Package

Status: Delivered

UPS has delivered the shipment.

UPS InfoNotice left by the driver. Delivered On: 02/04/2009

11:02 A.M.

Delivered To: CLAYTON, NJ, US

Service: 2ND DAY AIR Customer wants credit for her shipping despite the order being delivered and processed on time. Matter referred to our legal department.

c458eec9, 2009-06-15, 10:10AM CDT

EVERYONE knows regular business days means Mon. thru Fri.. even when businesses are open on Sat. & Sun. the shipping services are operating Mon thru Fri. only, they may do pickups, but not deliveries unless it's a Holiday, big duh...the customer screwed this one up!

c458eec9, 2011-10-18, 01:15PM CDT

My question is this what kind of moron pays $20 to ship a $7 item...duh...also you can buy universal charges for $20...I couldn't find the charger I needed for my phone so I bought a universal charger and it works perfectly..