Orkin Pest Control - Orkin Pest Control Fraudelent Service Agreements

Posted on Tuesday, February 10th, 2009 at 4:38pm CST by bfd6959d

Company: Orkin Pest Control

Location: Louisville, KY, US

URL: http://www.orkin.com/

My wife and I needed someone to spray our home for insects. Thinking a national chain would be more reputable than a mom and pop joint, we called Orkin. They advised us that they could do a one time job costing about $100.00 (I can't Remember the exact amount) or they could offer a recurring service contract where we would come once every two months. The person from the call center told us it could be cancelled at any time. This was also the story given to us by the technician on his initial visit. Circumstances have now made it where their service is no longer required and we needed to cancel the service. My wife was told that we would have to pay 60% of the remaining year. My wife told them that she had not been told that when we entered the agreement. My wife was blown off and was told we had to pay the full amount for the service or pay the 60% to cancel. I then called and asked for the manager who was not available. When he did call me back he too refused to allow us out the service agreement that was misrepresented to us. I advised him that I would pay for the remaining service but that I would not offer my business to them any longer. I also advised him that I would inform all of my family, friends, and coworkers of their deceptive practices. The service manager (Randy) then began yelling at me and insinuating that I was a bad person for wanting out of my contract. He then agreed to let me out of the contract. He then went on to say that should we need Orkin's services again, he would charge no less than $250.00 for a service call.

In summary,not only does Orkin use deceptive practices to bring in and maintain clients, they are also rude and lack any customer service skills. I for one will never do business with Orkin again and I highly advise you to do the same.

071606d4, 2010-10-10, 06:07PM CDT

Orkin in Louisville and Southern Indiana is terrible. They rip people off by saying their truck was at your house, and then charge you full price when they did not even complete the service. Donnie the person who was suppose to spray our house cannot get up early enough to make it before I go to work. Rodney who is Donnie's boss is 100% dumbass. I canceled my service and told them never to spray if I am not there and they did it anyway and charged me $102. They said the truck was there and they sprayed the outside of my house. That is strange since the backyard is fenced in and locked. When I called they would not refund the money. Stay away from Orkin. Trust me!

48eb5719, 2011-08-04, 01:27PM CDT

similiar experience. I am also trying to get out of my so called annual contract cause they are changing the terms and scheduled appointments without my knowledge or permission. I will not refer anyone to Orkin again