Lulu Spaniel Rescue aka American Eskimo Rescue aka Heartbandits Rescue - SAMANTHA CHAN FAKE ANIMAL RESCUE SCAM ARTIST

Posted on Sunday, February 1st, 2009 at 1:39pm CST by 45d2989f

Product: Samantha Chan, aka Jennifer Chan,aka Samantha Benaresh, aka Jennifer Benaresh

Company: Lulu Spaniel Rescue aka American Eskimo Rescue aka Heartbandits Rescue

Location: 51 Montebello Rd
Suffern, NY, 10901, US

URL: http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/NY268.html

claims she is a rescue but is really selling sick dogs, collects huge

adoption fees, then never brings paperwork, health check vaccinations or any records on the dog.

then disappears with your money.

also collects money on ebay, claiming all proceeds go to animals, but pockets the profits, never spends the money on anyone but herself. liar, scam con artist.

f218659d, 2009-06-30, 05:49PM CDT

We adopted a dog from Samantha about a month ago. It has been a wonderful experience! Her animals are very well taken care of and she was there for support and advice. I would highly reccomend this rescue to anyone wanting to adopt a pet.

af1fc1c0, 2009-02-01, 10:22PM CST

I have heard of this individual and scam artist INDEED! She even refers those looking to adopt to other people who she works with as a means of further disguising her illegal activities! DO NOT SUPPORT THIS WOMAN as her cause isn't as she would like you to believe. SHE IS A FAKE! She claimed her name was Samantha Chan but I later found her real name to be Jessica Benaresh! She uses the unfortunate conditions of animals and kind hearts of others for her own prosperity!

677f58be, 2009-02-12, 04:53PM CST

I am Samantha Chan. This crazy, sick, woman adopted a dog from me. She refused to sign an adoption contract, so she was never given vet records. We are now fighting to get the dog back from her. We also later learned that Col Potter Cairn Terr Rescue would not let this woman foster for them due to problems she has had

677f58be, 2009-02-12, 04:57PM CST

bd4ce0fd, 2009-02-12, 05:18PM CST

I am a veterinarian in Long Island. I recently adopted a dog from this woman. Her house and facilities are immaculate. The dogs are all very well cared for. The dog I adopted had over $500 worth of vet work done. I would reccomend this rescue to anyone

8bca8c72, 2009-02-14, 03:54PM CST

This lady runs a rescue operation and takes very good care of dogs she tries to find homes for. Rescue dogs generally do not come from the best environments and may have health issues. However, dogs from breeders can also come with health issues. If you knew the amount of money spent on the dogs you would not be running your mouth

f3736186, 2009-02-14, 06:15PM CST

This woman refused to sign an adoption contract, which is why she was never provided with any vet work. She also stopped payment on her check for the adoption fee. Col Potter Cairn Terrier rescue refuses to let her foster for them....I wonder WHY? Her name is Ellen Hansen and her address is 10 Hobbs Ct, Pomona, NY. DO NOT ADOPT TO THIS NUTCASE.

f3736186, 2009-02-14, 06:17PM CST

45d2989f, 2009-02-15, 08:25AM CST

there is no way this response could even be true, her property is disgusting, a health hazard and she is unlicensed.

this "vet" must be one of her "friends"

don't believe it, she is a rip off and a liar

45d2989f, 2009-07-28, 08:28AM CDT

to the young woman who emailed me about the two dogs you received from samantha chan, one that is sick and of course no vet records

my advice is return them immediately, and get your money back.

i have a reputable rescue, all our dogs are really seen by vets and have the papers to back it up

she is suing me for slander, perhaps you would like to come to court as a witness to her lies? let me know and i will give you the details.

2fbf0fc8, 2009-08-14, 03:32PM CDT

The poster of this, ELLEN HANSEN is a nut job. She adopted a dog from this rescue back in DECEMBER! A month after she adopted the dog, she took the dog to the vet because it caught ear mites from her other dog. She sued the rescue and LOST! Now, months later, she is SO mad, because the judge gave her a stern rebuke that she spends all of her time online posting things. Even SIX MONTHS LATER she is still posting. Over a case of ear mites. Even after LOSING a court case! Can you say LOSER WITH NO LIFE! TIME TO LET GO??

2fbf0fc8, 2009-08-14, 03:35PM CDT

There is NO young woman. Ellen is getting bored and trying to create more drama. It is a shame that anyone can use the internet to make up whatever they want. ANYONE WISHING TO SEE THE COURTS DECISION ON ELLEN'S CASE CAN GO HERE AND SEE THE ACTUAL DOCUMENT! http://luluandmrbear.webs.com/whoiscrazyellen.htm

2fbf0fc8, 2009-08-14, 03:42PM CDT

GEE, Who do I believe? A rescue that has actual EVIDENCE that this woman is lying? Or some crazy, vengeful person with a personal agenda who can go online and say WHATEVER they want, with NO PROOF? I go with the court document posted on the rescue's site!

b5daa062, 2009-08-14, 04:07PM CDT

WHAT A GREAT RESCUE! I WORK AT LIVS, LONG ISLAND VET SPECIALISTS. SAMANTHA CHAN HAS SPEND THOUSANDS VETTING HER DOGS WITH US. SO FAR ONE OF OUR VETS, DR. NUTINI AND ALSO ANOTHER TECH HAVE ADOPTED FROM SAMANTHA CHAN AND THE LULU SPANIEL RESCUE! I ALSO KNOW OF ANOTHER VETERINARIAN IN LI THAT ADOPTED FROM SAMANTHA. DR. MARGHOOB! THESE ARE FACTS! NOT VICIOUS RAMBLINGS WITH NO PROOF TO BACK THEM UP!

b5daa062, 2009-08-14, 04:07PM CDT

b5daa062, 2009-08-14, 04:08PM CDT

3ffbb6bd, 2009-08-31, 02:47AM CDT

notice the name, lulu

obviously samantha has written every single response about her great rescue and her imaginary vet from long island.

I have a masters degree from Columbia University in NYC.

Samantha wasn't even able to finish vet tech school. Now, who do you think is more credible? I almost feel sorry for her because she is so ignorant, but she is taking money under false pretenses and that is fraud.

3ffbb6bd, 2009-08-31, 03:35AM CDT

Oh I am sure that long island vets go running 2 hours away to Rockland County to adopt from Samantha Chan

North shore animal league is 15 minutes away, they do all vet care and spay and neuter and you want us to believe that these vets go to disgusting Samantha Chan's backyard breeder barn for exceptional animals? She is truly a sad and bad liar.

3ffbb6bd, 2009-08-31, 03:38AM CDT

North shore animal league is 15 minutes away, they do all vet care and spay and neuter, and you want us to believe that these vets go to disgusting Samantha Chan's backyard breeder barn for exceptional animals? She is truly a sad and bad liar.

3ffbb6bd, 2009-08-31, 03:50AM CDT

This vet claims she wants no email please

Wonder why?

If her buddy Samantha was so great, she would want everyone to know.

She is obviously creating distance from this disreputable, unlicensed fake rescue.

45d2989f, 2009-08-31, 04:05AM CDT

samantha

you sold two king charles to a woman

for one thousand dollars cash as a "donation" to little orphan annie rescue, an organization that is not registered as a charity.

you going to deny that? and again, no vet records or rabies tag. how do you look at yourself in the mirror?

you are headed for big trouble my dear, you better give that woman her money back. you are committing fraud and that is a felony

1c8a9c80, 2009-10-07, 06:14PM CDT

Obviously these people who are slamming Samantha have not idea what there talking about. I have known her for awhile now. When we went to her house to see a baby pomerainan we told her how our puppy died at 10 months old due to seizures. Without another word she handed my daughter the baby pom. I couldn't believe it. We were so grateful to her we started going to the rescue to help out. The dogs that she saved was overwhelming. These dogs that I helped bathe were matted so bad, nails so long they couldn't walk, eye infections, ear infections it goes on. Countless hours go into cleaning and careing for these dogs. She had another puppy there which I purchased from her after I fell in love with him, a baby poodle, the cost she charged me was only for the vet visits, which was so small. Both dogs are happy & very healthy today. If she was out to make money why would she hand me over a beautiful baby pom????? Unless you go there and spend time and see all the good she does for these dogs you don't know what your talking about. Here is a fact dogs that are grouped together in situations like shelters, rescue shelters and other situations where a number of dogs are its impossible to keep them seperated ..just like newborn babies, puppies are exposed to certain illness like kennel cough, ear mites, fleas, ticks..these are all normal part of owning a dog. A puppy with Kennel Cough is like a newborn with cradle cap. Please know your facts before you accuse somone of just trying to make a buck. By the way she makes all her own dog food, raw meat which is healthier, And gives you a huge supply when you bring a puppy home, so why wouldn't she just go buy Shoprite brand, I'm sure its much cheaper and defintely easier then making your own. Its so easy to bash people who volunteer endless time in trying to help the homeless animals, or the ones who have never been out of a cage, that where never touched or petted. They come to her so scared and messed up and I've seen all the good she has done for them and how they turn around and look and act like a different dog. So please find something else to do with your time and leave the people who try to help alone!

b85ecfab, 2010-01-31, 02:06PM CST

We found a darling Cavalier King Charles Spaniel on a rescue website, which led us to Samantha Chan's house. there were seven or more Cav's there in a filthy mess. They all were very sick. We witnessed her throwing raw chicken onto the floor to feed the dogs. The chicken was not even refrigerated. It was in a plastic grocery bag in the sink. It had been there for quite awhile, as the blood/juice drippings were pooled in the bottom of this bag. She told us she hates commercial dog food because there are ground up dead dogs in it. She told us she does not believe in immunizing her dogs, as dogs have a natural immunity to illnesses. We were never given any raw food to take home with our two puppies. We missed out on that $40.00. We were told one dog had kennel cough and were given some pills to take home. A visit to our vet the following day, and guess what? BOTH dogs had kennel cough and were so sick they needed nebulizer treatments three times a day for 8 weeks. The one dog weighed three and a half pounds. Our feeling is that she is a "broker" for puppy mills/unethical breeders. We were charged $650.00 each, for these pups. We went for one, and I wanted to take all of them home to save them from the nightmarish conditions we witnessed.

The vet on LI who she tries to get her clients to visit is conducting studies on these poor animals. Yes, I might visit him if my dog were exhibiting some of the neurological problems that the cav's can develop. But, to have a dog undergo these MRI's, blood work, etc. is inhumane. Our papers indicate "no dog lives in her home for longer than 10 days"...is an outright lie. That might be what she aims for, but our dogs were there at least three weeks. We were told she had pneumonia and we needed to wait to see the dogs. Her current website indicates the dogs had pneumonia. One of our dogs is pictured on the current website. We were never told that they had pneumonia, either. The one puppy we rescued weighed only three and one half pounds. Samantha says he was 8 weeks old. This can't be true, because he was at her house for three additional weeks, at least. My vet felt looking at his teeth, he was four months old, not two months. My vet said we'd be lucky if he survived the week with us, as he was so sick. The medicine she gave me to give to the one pup, was poured from a pill bottle into an envelope. She was sharing med's amoung the dogs. We had another cavalier at home who was at the time also four months of age. He was a healthy nine pounds, in comparison. My husband tried to contact her about our findings after the vet visit...she would not answer any messages we left. We adore these dogs and have gotten them to a healthy status, now. It was a terrible experience with a rescue(?) organization. No home visit was conducted before or after, either. I still have nightmares about what we witnessed at her home in Suffern, NY. SHAME on YOU, Samantha! You are not the wholesome woman you pretend to be. Somewhere along the way, you have grown too large and can't manage what you have there. You are very scattered and those little dogs are suffering because of it.

b6df3f32, 2010-08-15, 02:05AM CDT

b6df3f32, 2010-08-15, 02:25AM CDT

b6df3f32, 2010-08-15, 04:05AM CDT

500c202f, 2010-08-15, 04:12AM CDT

You're pushing it bitch. Samantha's actions speak loud and clear, and so do yours. You are nothing but a loud mouthed airhead with a scum sucking foul mouthed vocabulary who has no life.

You cannot relate to Samantha, and trying to bring her to your level, which is so far beneath her, is not working.

hahahahahahaha

knock yourself out, stupid.

nananananananana

b6df3f32, 2010-08-15, 05:31AM CDT

b359a873, 2010-08-23, 08:08PM CDT

THIS PERSON IS A SCAM ARTIST ALL THE WAY!! Sadly, I purchased over $500 worth of candles from her...THINKING that my money was going to help poor, suffering animals. Not only did she take my money, ship (at most) 1/2 of the items I ordered, she got to keep ALL of my money because the Delivery Confirmation number showed that the packages were delivered! They couldn't prove what WAS and WAS NOT inside the box, so I NEVER got my money back, nor did I receive my items!! I even spoke with her on the phone and she was one of the WORST, most condescending people I've EVER encountered!! I can't tell you how many people on eBay wrote me and told me about how she ripped them off- it made me sick to my stomach to know that she was doing this on a REGULAR basis!! We've adopted 4 small dogs and we do what we can to help local shelters...but this lady is an absolutely DISGUSTING person!! Just do a Google search for "LOVETHEPUPPY" or "SAMANTHA CHAN"- you will find a TON of information on her scams!! I wish everyone knew what they were getting into with her :(

7a185031, 2010-12-04, 04:03PM CST

is this the same lady on petfinder.com, going by the name little orphan annie's rescue? i've been trying to contact them but have had no luck. anybody ever heard of this company?