Cut By Design - Cut By Design did not complete work that was paid for in full.

Posted on Wednesday, December 9th, 2009 at 3:04pm CST by c55bfd73

Product: Landscaping

Company: Cut By Design

Location: 807 B4 Boulder Springs Dr.
Richmond, VA, 23225, US

I hired Cut by Design to rake up and completely remove leaves in my yard. I dealt with Brian and we agreed on a price of $80 for the total project. I paid Brian, they raked the leaves to the street and told me that a truck would be by the next day to vaccume up the leaf pile. It's over a week later and the leaves are still there.

I have tried calling Brian multiple times, left him multiple messages and he has never returned my call. I also tried emailing him several times and did not get a response until I threatened to post a complaint online. He replied that the leaves would be picked up within the week. A week has passed and they are still there.

I was stupid for paying in full before the work was complete. Please let this be a warning to others out there. Just because someone seems nice and honest does not mean they will act in an ethical manner.

ce9ee8f6, 2011-11-16, 12:18AM CST

THIS HAPPENED TO US TOO!!!!! We're dealing with it now!

30e06154, 2012-12-11, 06:28AM CST

He did the same thing to me in September, 2012. After working with him for almost a year and always paying by check. He agreed to remove all the brush along my north fence line and areate and seed the front yard in September. Stupidly, I gave him cash this time and that was the last time he stepped on my property. When I'd call about the fact that the work had not been done, he said he was sick, his mother had cancer, his mother needed to get chemo, etc. He'd make another appointment and would not show up or call to cancel. This happened four times. I made a complaint with the Richmond Better Business Bureau and he failed to respond to them or to me in 30 days. I sent him an email and he said he did all that work. As if I can't tell that my fence line is full of the same brush that's been there all year and there isn't a new blade of grass anywhere. The guy's definately a scammer. I'm giving him about a week to return my money after which I'm filing a case against him in Henrico County.

Update: I won my case and got a judgement against Brian J Dougherty T/A Cut By Design LLC on 2/22/13. Avoid this guy. He advertises exclusively on Craigslist in Richmond, VA. His most current post was using Post ID 3639833420 2/24/13 at "leaf removal low low prices" and signing all his postings "Brian 909-2102" If you see that cell #, that's him. Beware!