flight left withut an announcement

Posted on Saturday, December 5th, 2009 at 11:59am CST by ab545f95

Company: Not Available

Location: Amsterdam, NL

I had a connecting flight to Delhi from Amsterdam Airport on 30th Nov'09 at 17:10.I checked in at 14:30 and waited at the gate number b13 as mentioned on the boarding pass. While waiting at gate b13,it was got flashed on the screen that gate number is changed to b17. Boarding time of the flight was 16:40. However, I waited at b13 till 16:50 but no announcement was made regarding boarding then i moved to gate b17 as mentioned on the flash screen. I was there till 17:15 but there also nothing was announced. I came back at b13 at 17:30 and the went to the lady at the counter to inquire about the flight status. She told me that i missed my flight and they also made the announcement. But i was there at the airport and i didn't heard any announcement made.I must say that the staff was so rude and didn't know how to deal with their customers. To my surprise ,for them it was easy to unload my baggage from the aircraft rather then making an announcement regarding flight boarding.They straight away told me that its entirely my fault and being told to collect my baggage at belt 8.The way they put across the whole thing was so rude and unprofessional that now i have to think twice before opting for this flight. Staff was impolite specially ,the old lady who really needs to get herself trained on customer service. She told me to collect my baggage and buy new ticket. I told her i was there till 16:50 but she was not ready to even entertain my concern.She told me that its not her duty to find each and every person who is not turning up to the flight and asked me to leave. I was so surprised to see her talking so rudely to her customer. What an impression one would have who visited the country first time and the people (the staff) was treating their customer unprofessionally. Then I went to the baggage belt to collect my baggage and after that, to ticket counter with my problem. My ticket was transferable but the next ticket was available for 2 Dec. I had to show up at my office back in India on 1 Dec.I asked for the flight available on 2 Dec. They asked me to pay the difference of 66 EUR if i want to fly on 1 dec. I finally paid for the difference and stayed at the airport till next morning thinking of the whole incidence. Today also when i think of it i feel so depressed and annoyed with the service of the Lufthansa staff members at the Airport. Missing a flight is not a big deal as it can happen with anyone but the way i was being treated at the airport was so annoying and stressful that the next day when i had to board the flight i was praying that i shouldn't meet the staff members of Lufthansa there.I don't know what an impact it would have or even will it make any difference in the services but would surely want to get my experience noticed so that in future my fellow friends wont face such a problem.