PayPal's unethical behavior: refuses to refund the 3,90 USD taken from my credit card without my consent for allegedly security reasons

Posted on Wednesday, December 30th, 2009 at 2:41am CST by c6986f00

Company: Not Available

Location: TR

On December 4th, 2009 I wanted to change a personnal info of my PayPal account and for this PayPal charged my credit card without warning in advance & without my approval 3,90 USD for security reasons. PayPal has refund this amount on my PayPal account (which means I will "get back" that money if I make a purchase with the Paypal system) and refuses to refund this amount on my credit card. I have requested 4 times by e-mail that this unauthorised charge should be transfered back to my credit card, not to the PayPal account, and I received contradictory answers: on the 12/18/2009 "I have reviewed your account M. K., and can see that your $3.90 has been refunded to your PayPal balance instead of your credit card. This is due to an error with our system. We are currently working to fix this issue and regret any inconvenience it may have caused you.", then on the 12/29/2009 "After my review of your account I can see the refund was sent to your PayPal balance, the funds will not be sent to your credit card, if you can long onto your account you will see the balance on your account is now $3.90, I hope this information assists you further with this matter".

I want my money back on my credit card.