Toshiba American Information Systems, Inc - Faulty Toshiba LCD Screen

Posted on Saturday, December 26th, 2009 at 5:37pm CST by 68e4d65a

Product: Toshiba Satellite Laptop L505

Company: Toshiba American Information Systems, Inc

Location: Toshiba American Information Systems, Inc Digital Products Division 9740 Irvine Boulevard
Irvine, Ca, 92618-1697, US

URL: http://www.toshiba.com/

I purchased a Toshiba Satellite Laptop computer in September of 2009. I awoke one morning in November 2009 to find the computer LCD screen has cracked overnight. I contacted Toshiba who (without ever looking at the computer)said the warranty would not cover the damage because I had damaged the screen myself. They did offer to repair the computer for $600 (it cost $450 new). Toshiba then told me that even if I didn't damage the screen, the LCD was not covered under warranty. I asked them to tell me where in the warranty book was that listed. They could not tell me. I asked them to tell me where it was written about the LCD not being covered. They could not tell me. They finally agreed to examine the computer. I had the laptop shipped overnight. After not getting any feedback from Toshiba for two weeks, I called to check the status and they told me they would not repair it due to it being not under warranty (again I was told that I damaged the computer). They now offered to repair the computer for $425.