Ashley Furniture - Don't Expect Customer Service at Ashley Furniture

Posted on Wednesday, December 23rd, 2009 at 7:55pm CST by e0e4b59c

Company: Ashley Furniture

Bought my first house a few months ago. Needed some new furniture, including a bed. The day after Thanksgiving, I woke up early (6 a.m.) to make it to the Ashley Furniture early-bird sale. Purchased more than $2,000 worth of merchandise, including the bed.

Several weeks ago, the furniture was delivered, all but my footboard and headboard. Footboard didn't arrive; headboard was broken. I was OK with that because accidents do happen. This past Monday I contacted the store to find out where my bed was ... to be delivered Wednesday. Today I find out that while the merchandise did arrive, the headboard is broken and that it could be another TEN days before I get my bed.

I tried to explain to the woman that I have been sleeping on the floor and all I want is my bed. She tried to appease me with bringing out a loaner bed frame and $75 gift certificate. I told her that doesn't help me with the problem of all the boxes filled with bed rails and frame. And why would I want to shop at Ashley again? Then she offered a merchandise certificate for the full amount of the bed. How does that help me? I will still have to wait for a bed.

In this time of economic turmoil, for a company to totally disregard a valid request of a good customer is nothing but ludicrous. I will never return to Ashley Furniture. I don't care what kind of sales it has. I don't do business with companies that are either moronic or unethical.