HP - HP Pirnter 209b - wrong printer cartridge

Posted on Tuesday, December 15th, 2009 at 9:19pm CST by 4a82697b

Product: HP PhotoSmart 209b

Company: HP

URL: http://www.hp.com/

I bought an HP 209B wireless printer on Black Friday (just over 2 weeks ago).

The black ink cartridge ran out of ink after about 12 pages being printed.

I got the ink information card that they supplied me and went to Costco to but replacement cartridges. The card said to buy 564/564XL.

I bought the combo pack and although the color catridges work fine (I also had to replace tehe yellow cartride too), the black cartridge does not fit. I almost broke the printer trying to make it fit!

On a Sunday morning, for an important print job (the printer will not even allow you to print on a low cartridge), I had to go out and buy a "correct" 564 cartridge.

The clerk at Office Depot brought out 3 cartridge packs before I was able (after opening EACH pack - to the clerk's chagrin) to find the correct 564 cartridge for my printer.

As I've used about one cartridge every 3 months in past and I can no longer use the combo packs, I feel I'm being ripped off by about $10 to $15 every time I replace cartridges - far exceeding the original cost of my printer.

And all of this because HP did not state that the Photo Black 564 is not the same as the Black 564.

All I was offered was a replacement black cartridge - probably will last the same 12 pages that I got the first time.

If any lawyers are out there, this is PURE negligence and false advertising on HP's part. I see class action written all over this...

Please contact me at [email protected]

3a6f229f, 2010-01-05, 09:52PM CST

I also got in the same replacment condition no were can I find that Combo pack black in not conpatable with HP 209b printer.

3a6f229f, 2010-01-08, 01:43PM CST

Your not along I have gone through the same situation now I have cartridge I can't use.

3721af7c, 2010-10-12, 10:12PM CDT

the same thing happend to us too. my husband bought the same cartrige number that was printed on the printer which is 564 black, and it DOES NOT FIT! now we have two extra cartriges open and got no ink. i'm in school and have to print out notes for classes. this is so unacceptable!