Hewlett Packard - hp pavillion dv2000 laptop

Company: Hewlett Packard

Location: 3000 Hanover Street
Palo Alto, CA, 94304-1185, US

URL: http://hp.com/

HP sold thousands of defective laptops and instead of doing the right thing and fixing the defective machines via a recall, HP cooked up a warranty service enhancement that limits their responsibility to fix the defective product. Good for the business but very bad for customersperhaps even unethical?

I had difficulty with my dv2000 Pavilion from day one, but I only discovered why in the past month. I always assumed the problem was that the operating system was a memory hog and caused my machine to run hot which resulted symptoms documented on your website:

When I finally decided to upgrade the OS to try to fix the overheating problem I found out while searching for a non-existent video driver that my laptop contains a defective NVIDIA chip. I called thinking surely they will fix the problem that is caused by defective parts, but NO! Since my computer was beyond the 24 month extended warranty period, I just have to accept the fact that my laptop's life span is 30 months.

That is utterly unacceptable. My last HP laptop lasted over 5 years.

HP customer service was HORRIBLE! They gave me the runaround as soon as they answered. They said there was nothing they could do and that the symptoms I had not yet finished describing to them were not the right ones covered by the warranty service enhancement I was told I could talk to the manager but he could not do anything for me. (Why bother? Right???)