Amazon.com - Amazon.com's bad delivery policy delays paid instock item

Posted on Thursday, December 10th, 2009 at 9:31pm CST by 5dcf90ab

Product: OOMA TELO

Company: Amazon.com

URL: http://amazon.com/

I don't think I should check the box to allow this service to contact Amazon.com about my complaint. What if they retaliate and cancel my delayed order. So here's my complaint that I sent them already, then their reply will follow (I corrected the typos after the cut and paste):

I've order from your vendors through you, and when they'd shown an order to be in stock, they'd process that order that day if still early enough during business hours, or the next [business] day, then ship out the next available shipment day. This was irrelevant to the method of shipment I'd used.

Why is it now the 12-10-09, after 09:45 am CST, and you have not shipped out my order yet? I am strongly disappointed that you have not yet shipped out my order!

Their lame reply:

Hello,

I can confirm that we still expect to ship your order by December 14, 2009. It should be delivered to you between December 21, 2009 - December 24, 2009.

We do not charge for any item until it has entered the shipping process, this has always been our policy.

We'll send you an e-mail when your order is shipped. If you haven't received a shipment confirmation by December 15, 2009 please contact us again at http://www.amazon.com/contact-us

You can always check the status of your order in Your Account. Here's a direct link to the order details: " Then there were some links to click on.

Then my reply to them on that:

If you show the product already in stock, why in the world do you want to make me wait from the 9t to the 14th of December before you decide to ship it out!? What kind of customer service is this? Again, I am very disappointed with Amazon.com in this regards. And the customer service representative that received my call last night sounded like she was script reading and couldn't really answer my question.

People I wonder if this is a plot to get you to order the high priced speedy delivery service or it's not really in stock and it's just a delay tactic. We all know that their is some profit in that shipping & handling, because when you look at the delivery cost on the tag on your box you know it was cheaper than what they're charging you. I know the estimated remainder is likely the "handling" charge.

The other lesson is, if you need to save on cost and can wait, then use Amazon.com otherwise use another vendor, that will process your package and send it out regardless method of shipment. If overnight the shipper will receive from vendor and send overnight, if regular ground then shipper will send by ground(sometimes by air to ground to you).

Here was their reply on 10 Dec. 2009, last night with my reply following:

"Hello,

I've reviewed our previous correspondence with you, and I'm very sorry about the misunderstanding.

I've checked your order and I see that it is estimated to be shipped on Dec 9, 2009 and the estimated delivery date is between Dec 21, 2009 - Dec 24, 2009.

Since you have used free super saver shipping on this order, from the time your order ships, your order will be delivered within 5 to 9 business days. We process and ship your order in the most cost-efficient way possible so we can pass the savings on to you in the form of free shipping.

We have several fulfillment centers across the United States, meaning the items in your order may be stocked at different locations. Whenever you place an order, we display an estimated shipping date based on inventory's proximity to your delivery address, as well as how quickly we can obtain and assemble your shipment.

Our delivery estimates are based on the item's availability and the delivery speed you choose. If an item's "In Stock" and you choose an express shipping method, you'll receive your items more quickly than if you choose Standard or Super Saver Shipping.

If an item isn't readily available, selecting One-Day or Two-Day Delivery will reduce the transit time after we've shipped your order, but won't impact how long it takes us to obtain the item or prepare it for shipment.

Since we took more time to obtain this item and get it ready for shipping, there was a delay in shipping and delivering this order.

However, the delivery dates we provide are only the estimates and there are better than good chances for your order to arrive well before the estimated delivery date. We are unable to modify / cancel this order as it has already entered into the shipping process. We estimate this order to be delivered well before the estimated delivery date.

When the package arrives, please tell the delivery driver you're refusing the package. If the order is delivered while you aren't home, you can contact the carrier for instructions on refusing a package. Contact information for the carriers we use is listed in our Help pages here: [LINK REMOVED BY COMPLAINTANT] To compensate for this inconvenience, place a new order for this item with two-day shipping and we will refund the shipping charges on the new order." [LINKS REMOVED BY COMPLAINTANT]

My Rebuttal(w/some typos corrected here):

Ok your reply back was to suggest possibly cancelling this order for a communications device, which is essential in this country(USA)!? You know I'm stuck with having to order this device. Why would you want to suggest that I turn it away? What an insult! Here was your statement: "We are unable to modify / cancel this order as it has already entered into the shipping process. We estimate this order to be delivered well before the estimated delivery date. If you still do not want this order when it arrives then please refuse the package, it will be returned back to us and we'll issue a full refund once we receive and process the return.

When the package arrives, please tell the delivery driver you're refusing the package. If the order is delivered while you aren't home, you can contact the carrier for instructions on refusing a package. Contact information for the carriers we use is listed in our Help pages here:[LINK REMOVED BY COMPLAINTANT] To compensate for this inconvenience, place a new order for this item with two-day shipping and we will refund the shipping charges on the new order."

That's stupid, to send it back and then reorder. If you really want to make it up, you can go ahead and expedite at your expense; I don't mind. It would be ridiculous for me to turn it way then re-order it for 2 day delivery. Why would anyone with a clear head want to even suggest or do something like that!? That'll only delay it longer.

Lastly here was their reply by 4:34am, 12/11/2009 CST: Hello,

I've reviewed our previous correspondence with you, and I'm very sorry about the dates which they gave you, now the dates have been revised.

It looks like your order's been shipped on December 11 through VELOCITY, and we estimate that it will be delivered by December 14. I'm sorry there's no tracking available for this shipment. VELOCITY doesn't provide tracking /may not update tracking until the package is out for delivery.

The delivery estimate is calculated based on a few different things, including the location of the inventory of ooma Telo Free Home Phone Service, the delivery address, and how quickly we can put your order together and get it to VELOCITY. In my experience, the estimates we provide are very accurate, so I think you'll see your order soon.

If your ooma Telo Free Home Phone Service doesn't arrive by 6pm your local time on December 23, please do let us know. We can look into this again and we'll do our best to make things right.

Please visit the following link to provide the Iinformation we

requested:[LINK REMOVED BY COMPLAINTANT]

We look forward to seeing you again soon. Did we answer your question?

If yes, please click here:[LINK REMOVED BY COMPLAINTANT]

If not, please click here:[LINK REMOVED BY COMPLAINTANT]

Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept incoming e-mail.

To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help section of our web site.

Best regards, Narasimhan V.

The shipment notification from Amazon was at 2:40AM CST, 12/11/2009 and will be sent by Velocity Express. So they???ve rectified the problem. Amazon on customer service gets a 3 out of 5 Stars rating for intelligent decision handling. Are they using outsourced over-seas customer service script readers with poor understanding of the english language? Perhaps; it sure looks like that.

Ron

Finally, I did receive my order on Dec 14, 2009 as they promised after fixing their human caused errors.

ed1b8eac, 2010-12-18, 06:14PM CST

I can't not believe they have no respect for their customers, I ordered one stuff and I still haven't received my order because they kept sending it to the wrong address, and I talked their customer service people three times and the first person I talked to sent the order to the old address after I told him so many times my current address. The second person I talked to told me I would receive the shipment the next day but I received an email saying that I will receive the shipment after three days. The third person I talked to kept telling me the same information over and over again like I'm stupid. It is a very ridicules service, I will never order stuff from Amazon again, and I will tell all the people I know about the body service, and I dont recommend anyone to buy from Amazon. They have the worst customer service ever!!!!!

3c776335, 2010-12-20, 06:50AM CST

2010 Amazon UK,

I have the same problem regarding 5 orders placed with them. They have advised I should receive them by the 10th / 16th or 17th December, then said wait till the 20th ...now they are saying the 24th... the refuse to reissue a free replacement for non receipt and are refusing to let me have a refund for all five orders until after the 24th.. not very helpful as they are xmas presents!