DK Painting and Construction - Very unprofessional, how do they do business???

Posted on Sunday, August 9th, 2009 at 11:44pm CDT by 8cc179e9

Company: DK Painting and Construction

Location: 749 S Sherman St
Richardson, TX, 75081-4029, US

URL: http://www.dkpainting.com/

"DK's quality and showmanship are reflected by our outstanding customer service". What a joke.

I contacted DK Painting & Construction a few times in the past couple months and the way the owner/manager treats people turned me off IMMEDIATELY from ever doing serious business there.

I spoke with Ram Katave who introduced himself to me as the owner of the company, though he is listed as a consultant on their website (even though he has the same last name as their "CEO" Danny Katave). ram katave is actually a college student, according to the search I did on Google.

without getting into too much detail, I will say that my job rqeuirements are somewhat complex. Mr. Katave constantly interrupted me as I spoke with him, tried to give me "better ideas" as he called them, and attempted to inject himself into my business in every possible way.

the way he treats his employees is horrible, like dogs. he yells and talks down to people who are much older than him. manage a business as you please but don't expect anyone to respect you when you act like that. I won't even repeat the things i heard but they were very unprofessional to say the least.

why does this company have a college kid running the show and do they really expect serious business with that?

f828616d, 2009-08-10, 12:35AM CDT

To let you know in advance this is from a company representative.. (not ram katave).

"Ram Katave" spoke with me about a person who hung up on him while he was making calls asking if people were making quality improvements to their properties.. This sort of marketing work is common in the construction industries.. I am not standing up for him as an employee because i do not completely support his management style, but i will say that he is still learning the ropes as a college student and has doubled our potential sales in new construction and rehabilition since he has been under management, excluding at least 15% cut in overheard (paper, printer, computer, etc.) He is still learning a good management style and this takes time to master. It is also true that he could improve his temperament but he has never screamed at an employee or placed them in a position where they felt they could not state their opinion.. Now, Rom did mention that he couldnt not believe how potential rude a property manager could be when he was simply calling to give free competitive bids on future work. I will also say that inexperience is no excuse for intolerance or poor communication at work or on the field, however, for calling roughly twenty people or so since he started sales..(3 months ago); one complaint is not a "poor" record and therefore we will not fire him for this complaint.. However, any opinion given by any "REAL" customer (and not someone who could potentially be trying to penitrate an industry by "bad mouthing" a top 10 industry leader) i will let you know who sent this response after questioning ram katave about this situation: "Ram believe's his name is Mike" (he couldnt say much as Mike said "he has a phd in "christian clinical psychology" and since "you (Ram) salesmen people, will never be good people and will only try to sell people".. Mike apparently self runs and self manages 9 apartment complexes in the allen/mckinney area without the qualification for passive income (like a real estate broker).. he said that "he manages jobs like la casa, boardwalk, park place, and kentucky place" and solely "in-house" performs the "property rehabiliation". Even though i have no real right to comment on the situation i will say this, Ram is a good kid learning how to manage a top 10 company, and there's no easy yes or no at times.. But an anonymous post saying "he yells and talks down to people " would reflect a more personal meeting than simply a phone call.. Ram is fulfilling the capacity of a college student that has one semester to graduate and hes doing quite well with lots of room for improvement.. and he would love to hear from you if you need any work to be done.. My next point: Ram has credentials to major in finance and specializes in determining the value of property improvements, this is not only beneficial.. but tax deductable.. I would personally like to apologize that you got off on the wrong foot with his approach because he really believes hes helping people.. One thing that concerns me is that the anonymous poster is identifiable and does not look to outsource or gain competitive bargains on property management work.. I for one, would like a property manager that would receive multiple bids from multiple companies if i were to get a fair price for good work.. I would also find trouble to beating on some college kid that is new to the business after an unpleasant phone call.. because one in a hundred phone calls usually aren't as pleasureably as we'd all like..

Thanks,

D.K. Painting & Construction

P.S. I spoke with Ram Katave, and because he is do disappointed with the negative feedback he has just received for the first time, he promised he would quit his family company after the second time.. That shows commitment and integrity.. and that is exactly what we stand for here at D.K. Painting & Construction.

8cc179e9, 2009-08-12, 05:19AM CDT

The response was written by Ram Katave himself.

The original complaint was addressed to his email and you can see on the site is date-stamped 09-Aug-09 23:44:09 CDT.

This "response" is dated 10-Aug-09 00:35:44 CDT, less than one hour later.

The complaint doesn't show up in search engines yet so the only person who would possibly have known about it this quickly are the original poster or Mr. Katave himself.

In closing, I laughed out loud at this sentence: "... he promised he would quit his family company after the second time.. That shows commitment and integrity.. and that is exactly what we stand for here at D.K. Painting & Construction."

So let me get this straight: you think quitting his family business over an anonymous internet complaint shows commitment and integrity? HAHAHA.

If that is exactly the type of commitment your company stands for, well then I pity you all.

8cc179e9, 2009-08-13, 04:15AM CDT

Just have to point out that the response is bullshit and was obviously written by Katave himself, which makes me even more mad. The original post was added and sent to him "Sunday, 09-Aug-09 23:44:09 CDT" and the response was given "Monday, 10-Aug-09 00:35:44 CDT", less than an hour later in the middle of the night.

Also, with regard to the comment that Katave is "so disappointed with the negative feedback he has just received for the first time, he promised he would quit his family company after the second time.. That shows commitment and integrity.. and that is exactly what we stand for here at D.K. Painting & Construction", what the HELL kind of statement is that? You're telling me that you, err, Ram Katave is actually willing to quit the family company because of a complaint posted on the internet? And that this somehow shows commitment and integrity?

Tell you what, "company representative". Post a response with your first name only, and I'll give you a call at the office next week to talk things over.

438d634d, 2009-08-13, 04:18AM CDT

Business Reply  rom k., 2012-11-29, 11:50AM CST

This is unrealistic, let me see a name and number if not- this guy doesnt even has nearly as much money as i do which i believe serves as proof of record of being mutually beneficial to your community. I thank whichever misguided employee tried to pretend its not the same guy having a scyzophrenic conversation with himself.

Rom Katave

469 315 4373

Business Reply  rom k., 2012-12-02, 10:38PM CST

this is complete bs give me your name and number please

79ab8e11, 2013-04-02, 10:11AM CDT

I've considered doing business with Katave & Co. in the past and very glad I did not go through with it. Upon searching now, there are several articles pointing to arrests and perhaps even gross/inappropriate conduct.

"Babson Student Arrested After Allegedly Flashing Bicyclist in Brookline Park" (http://brookline.patch.com/articles/babson-student-arrested-after-allegedly-flashing-bicyclist-in-brookline-park)

This article was about him until his attorney got them to remove his name...

And same incident, different news outlet:

"Brookline Police arrest alleged Knyvet Square flasher" (http://www.wickedlocal.com/brookline/news/x1143345084/Brookline-Police-arrest-alleged-Knyvet-Square-flasher#axzz2PJiumjOx)

There are also records of assault and battery, RMV document forge/misuse, and God only knows what else!

Update: Attorneys for Katave, any cease and desist notifications submitted to the author of this comment or this site for removal of obviously protected speech will be immediately discarded. Please don't waste your time or your client's money trying.

Business Reply  rom k., 2013-04-13, 06:59PM CDT

Greg Fletcher of Northern Tarrant Community College, who lives in either Denton or Dallas, He's bad mouthing me here and on some other sites because he called in trying to solicit business and I am not interested. Blackmailing wont work either. Stop harassing me.

Thanks

Business Reply  ramenachem k., 2013-04-13, 07:00PM CDT

This is Unrealistic, heres why: I have never been in any assault or battery case. Here's a REAL Phone Number and Real Name, Rom Katave. Whoever you are.. you clearly will not put any realistic attachment to your claims. You are pretending to be in fear or standing up for your right against whom?? All i am asserting is just like i can pull someones name up and discredit them i will not play this game or take it seriously because there is nothing I have to benefit. Maybe discrediting me is your source of feeling important but it certainly is not mine to do it to you.

rom katave

469 315 4373

I am a Realtor: https://www.trec.state.tx.us/newsandpublic/licenseeLookup/search.aspx

how could i become one if i were to have a felony? or any kind of record for that matter.

I spend my time at this company thats very important to me and to alot of people in my community. Unlike you, i dont even find a name or anything but an anonymous bad-mouther that leaves no trace or point of contact.

I built an internet phone application program to save people alot of money in data:

I also have a degree at Babson college coming in the mail in 2 weeks..

I could not have accomplished any of this if these allegations you are making were in fact correct and if i did not go through the effort to better myself and improve the community around me. i recommend you try spending your energy on that way of thinking in life instead of this one.

one thing i am guilty of is becoming a victim to public defamation / slander on the internet because its not true.