Directv - Directv is a RIPOFF!!!!!!

Posted on Saturday, August 8th, 2009 at 10:54am CDT by 8c470667

Product: Satellite TV Service

Company: Directv

Location: P O Box 6550
Greenwood Village, CO, 80155, US

URL: http://Directv.com/

If you subscribe to Directv you will have no one to blame but yourself for the horrible experience you will have. This company will find ways to charge you for services you never receive and will refuse to provide any proof or respond to requests to customer service for any proof you ever received the service.

My daughter had to cancel service when she was forced to move recently. All billings had been paid prior to the cancellation. Shortly after service was canceled, Directv began to send her more invoices totaling $ 293 claiming she had downloaded movies over a year and half earlier. That's right, I said A YEAR AND A HALF PRIOR to cancellation!! Why weren't these charges made when the movies were supposedly downloaded? No one at Directv would ever answer that question or provide any justification for the charges or proof the movies were downloaded.

This company takes advantage of its subscribers because the customer is powerless to refute these charges! If you subscribe, don't say you were not warned. I would go back to over the air broadcasts before I'd do business with this company or let any of my friends subscribe. Thank goodness there is still cable service. At least Comcast or Knology will respond to requests for information and gladly provide any info. needed to justify their charges.

This experience has already cost Directv my account and one of my neighbors. I have only just begun!