Petco - Petco's Lack of Customer Care and Answers

Posted on Monday, August 31st, 2009 at 2:05pm CDT by e3dde85d

Company: Petco

URL: http://www.petco.com/

I have experienced poor customer service before, but Petco was terrible on ALL fronts. The store employees were rude, had no clue what they were doing, and failed to complete my return - launching my "discussion" with Petco customer service. The woman on the phone was quick to blame me and the bank, but never offered any actual solutions. She repeated the same answer multiple times over 2 calls and made it very clear that she wasn't actually taking the time to listen to a word I was saying. When it finally was determined that the store was at fault, she made no effort to apologize for the mistake or for her rudeness. It was the worst experience I've ever had with a Customer Service representative, it is rare that I find one so uncaring and callous. Finally, I took the time to fill out a customer complaint on the stores Web site, and days later was sent yet another regurgitated response with NO effort to retain me as a customer. Unfortunate.

e0344af9, 2010-10-17, 10:59AM CDT

They are VERY rude at the call center. They put me on hold numerous times. There was a party with clapping, screaming, and singing going on in the background. It took 65 minutes to get a supervisor. "Mitch" was the worst. The supervisor told me, "in my opinion you are making a big deal out of nothing and we don't really care. Your issue happens about once in a million times. WE DON'T REALLY CARE". That was the supervisor that told me that!!!!!