Whirlpool - Whirlpool washer JUNK!!!!!

Posted on Tuesday, August 25th, 2009 at 12:26pm CDT by a171e568

Product: Whirlpool top load washer

Company: Whirlpool

About 4 years ago the Whirlpool washer that I had FINALLY quit working after over 20 years. Naturraly, I replaced it with another Whirlpool. Since I have had a number of Whirloppl appliances in the past that ALL lasted for 15-20 years (stuff made in the '80's) I did not spent the $$$$$$$ for the extended warentee. This last weekend the washer stopped working in the middle of the rinse cycle. I called the local whirlpool repair place & today they sent out a repairman to check it out. He informed me that the timer & the moter had gone out & that it was hard to tell which one went first but either would have made the other fail. Nothing I did, they just went out! The estimate for repair was $387.27 - cheaper to buy a new one. This cost me $65.00 to find out.

I then contacted Whirlpool's customer service & spoke with Kevin. I advised him of the above, his comment "I'm sorry you have had this problem". After some discussion he stated he would document my complaints. After more discussion he offered me a 15% discount on a new washer (Whirlpool of course) I informed him that after this I really didn't think I wanted another Whirlpool if I have to buy a new one after only 4 years. He then offered me a 30% discount if I ordered it factory direct (offer only good for 10 days).

I told him I really couldn't afford a new washer & I really just want the 4 year old one working. He then offered to arrange for a repairman to come out (my nickel) I reminded him that I had already done that. To much $$$$$$

What has become of quality products in this country? Does anybody make ANYTHING but junk anymore??

b0d59600, 2010-06-16, 03:36PM CDT

I have a Whirlpool washer and it is the biggest piece of GARBAGE you could ever find. when this washer goes into the spin cycle it shakes all over the laundry Room.

I've been told it needs leveled up, so I had it leveled,well the next day when I washed a load of clothes. there was my washer spinning out of control all over the laundry room.

I wish I would have checked where it was made before I bought it, It was made in Mexico!!!ENOUGH SAID.