AT&T Wireless Store-First Hill - Terrible Customer Service

Company: AT&T Wireless Store-First Hill

Location: 819 E Pike St
Seattle, WA, 98122, US

URL: http://www.wireless.att.com/

I have been an AT&T customer for many years, along with at least six members of my family. Until this week, I had never experienced bad service in one of their company stores. Here is what occurred:

I walked in to the AT&T in the Harvard Market (Seattle, WA) with the intent of choosing a new phone to upgrade to, as well as to sign a new contract. I was not given any sort of acknowledgment in the entire 10 minutes I stood there, carefully perusing a number of phones that I was interested in. You'd have to be an idiot to have not seen that I was seriously contemplating a purchase by the way I went back and forth between the same four or five phones, in the same area of the store. What magnified the already bad customer service-experience was the fact that I was the ONLY PERSON in the entire (very large) store, and I stood only a few feet away from the registers with FIVE employees behind them!!! It's also worth noting that the store wasn't about to close for another couple of hours.

I've worked in the retail/sales/service industry for years, so not only do I know the basic customer service standards very well, but I also have sympathy for certain situations. The lack of greeting when I walked in would have been fine; I'm totally used to that. Heck, I would not even be writing this if one person would have taken 10 seconds to say "let us know if you have any questions." However, to be completely ignored when I obviously was in need of help, and for the employees to have absolutely NO EXCUSE for this treatment, was just grossly inexcusable.

I highly recommend the AT&T store in Pacific Place; that is where I will be taking my business.