Indoor Air Solutions LLC - HVAC/Duct cleaning ripoff

Posted on Sunday, August 23rd, 2009 at 11:32am CDT by d350f60a

Company: Indoor Air Solutions LLC

Location: 2931 W Riverside
Springfield, MO, 65807-3809, US

This firm is a duct cleaning company. They did not clean the ducts and charged almost three times what other professional companies charge. On August 4, 2009, I made an appointment with Indoor Air Solutions to clean the HVAC and ductwork in my daughter's home. Their advertised price for cleaning was $49.95 for eight vents and one return vent. Each additional vent would be $10 more. My daughter's house had 12 vents and two returns which resulted in my expected cost of $99.95. Adam Pitt, who identified himself as the owner, along with three other men arrived in a pickup truck and immediately began taking off register covers and removing the return air vent. Mr. Pitt suggested we go out on the patio (because of the noise) and in a well choreographed "con" told me what needed to be done. When he had finished his "con", the cost became $1,427.85. I authorized the work thinking it had to be done and that their price was what others would charge. On August 18th I called two other duct cleaning firms in Springfield. Both companies gave me a bid of around $500 for the HVAC/ductwork service. I then asked one of the companies to inspect the work done by Indoor Air Solutions. A licensed home inspector was also on site and witnessed the inspection. They took pictures and wrote a report which concluded "The system was not cleaned properly and in several areas, not cleaned at all." I have contacted Indoor Air Solutions and they refuse to refund my $1,427.85. Because of the nature of this type of service and the health issues (my granddaughter suffers from asthma)the only way to effectively have a clean system is to do it again. This means I will have to pay out an additional $500 to achieve a clean duct system.

After filing with the BBB and having the local TV station take an interest, my money was returned. How many other folks have been scammed and not know it?