Directv - Directv billing ppv dispute

Posted on Friday, August 21st, 2009 at 6:30pm CDT by 00368a95

Company: Directv

Directv has billed me for PPV alledged viewing that took place in 2002,2003 and 2004. Charges have appeared on my August 6, 2009 bill! I usually pay average $133 monthly. This month $316.47. I have called them today 8/21/09 spoke to Daryl, then supervisor Veronica. They said they would make no adjustments on the bill and cannot tell me where in their service agreement past or present they can legally bill me for these very past charges.They said the charges were correct, I disputed charges. We went back and forth. I have been their customer for 10 years.I have always paid my bills. I have upgraded service and equipment and received program cards for the receivers through the years with receivers being changed out or replaced. Nothing like this has happened to us before. In May of this year 2009 lightening knocked out all our receivers and tv's. We pay for 4 and only one is connected to a phone line. Directv came out and replaced equipment since we have a monthly protection plan. They said they scanned our cards and found these charges. What can I do to rememdy this? All they would do is give me the corporate address in Greenwood Village, Co. They would not give me a phone number. Veronica said they are not regulated and thus I would not be able to complain to the FCC. Do I pay entire bill or just pay regular average bill amount? HELP!

256f3640, 2010-02-21, 04:02PM CST

They just did the same thing to me. It was only $4.99, but for a movie I did not order. On my DVR it says I even viewed it at 9:15 pm. I live alone, and did not have company over. DirecTV will not take it off my bill. I hope it doesn't keep happening, because I'm stuck on a 2 year contract.

9e22a434, 2010-12-17, 09:18AM CST

Happen to me as well, dating back to 2000 never ever used PPV, they said it was the receiver that I had? Bill came to over $260 dollars. Called them nack in Oct. they said sorry will take it off, NOPE came sagain this month. Called them again they said sorry, will take it off this time? YEA we'll see.

5290c1f0, 2013-02-05, 07:46PM CST

Directv sent me a a bill for 200.00 for some ppv they said was watched back in 2007. They stated it was on the sim card wh en the old box was replaced.I dont even watch that trash.Now this so call bill was just sent to me in Oct of 2012. We as consumers need to band together to stop this coporate greed.

4c655fca, 2013-02-14, 12:28PM CST

Please contact me!!!717-497-5550. on Jan 14 $307.00 was taken from our bank acct. This was done in error because we had no such charge against us. I faxed paper work on Jan 24 showing it was taken from our acct. Feb 6 you emailed me telling me that this matter was given to a new department. i would like to know the status of this matter as we would like the money reinstated into our acct. Thank you.