Sterling University Housing / Sterling Terrace - Sterling University Housing My Terrible Living Experience

Posted on Thursday, August 13th, 2009 at 11:06am CDT by 2baf890d

Product: University Housing, Dorms.

Company: Sterling University Housing / Sterling Terrace

Location: University of Mississippi (Ole' Miss) 900 Whirlpool Dr.
Oxford, MS, 38655, US

URL: http://www.sterlinghousing.com/

I am writing regarding my stay at the Sterling University Housing Collegiate Residences or Sterling Terrace in Oxford, MS owned by The Dinerstein Companies. I moved in on March 30th 2009 and moved out on July 14th. I am currently working on my PHD in a 6 months exchange program between my University in Brazil and the University of Mississippi. Before moving and choosing to stay in one of this company's residence I specifically requested for female roommates only that were clean and kept quiet after 11 PM. I was told by email that I would be moved to a different unit if I did not get along with my roommates. On late May a new female roommate moved in and she had a boyfriend that was constantly playing video games, was very loud and they were both disorderly. I asked in three different occasions to be moved to a new unit as my previous roommate and her boyfriend were affecting my comfort at home and disrupting my sleep which in turn affected my ability to do my required work. I complained the first time to a girl name Jennifer when I went to the office to pay for my June's rent, about 2 weeks later I went to complain again as I was having trouble sleeping due to loud conversations in their room late at night. Our apartment's common areas were dirty and my roommate's boyfriend was constantly around the house. Jennifer promised to call my roommate but I was still not moved to a new apartment.

On Monday July 13th, I received the devastating news that my mother unexpectedly died of a heart attack. I was extremely upset and even when my supervisor was over to discuss my options, we all kept on hearing my roommate's boyfriend yelling and even cursing loudly in his bedroom. I moved out of my unit on July the 14th and later on that week I faxed the Dinerstein Companies a formal complaint and requested a full refund for the month of July (since I was only there for half the month and to cover my moving expenses). That was a month ago and this company still hasn't agreed to refund my money, all I got was a message from Holli Fisher (the manager at Sterling Terrace) apologizing for what happened. I have contacted the Better Business Bureau and just want to be treated fairly by this company.

Sincerely,

A.C. Pereira

3de24dd0, 2010-08-02, 10:40AM CDT

Thank you for taking the time to communicate why your experience at Sterling Terrace did not meet your expectations. While we have every desire to address your needs and provide the best solution available, we understood you were pleased with the agreed upon terms (deposit refund).

We would appreciate the opportunity to further discuss how we can regain your confidence in our company and offer amicable resolution for all parties.

Please accept our apologies for any trouble or inconvenience you may have experienced. Again, we highly appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do.

Thank you.