Early Moments - Early Moments book club, HORRIBLE!

Posted on Thursday, August 13th, 2009 at 4:23pm CDT by cfd06769

Product: Early Moments book club

Company: Early Moments

Location: Sandvik Publishing Danbury, CT 06811
Danbury, CT, 06811, US

URL: http://www.earlymoments.com/

I recently had a baby boy. After I had him, I started receiving all kinds of offers for different baby items, clubs, etc. One was an offer from Early Moments book club to receive a free gift (pay only shipping of $4.99+tax). I paid the $4.99+tax and a couple weeks later received the gift in the mail. I knew that most of these things have a catch and you have to cancel or they'll continue to bill you. I received my gift on a Friday and the following Wednesday Early Moments helped themselves to another $20.11 from my checking account for the next set of books. I didn't even have 3 full business days to call and cancel. Now, to top it all off... When they took this $20.11, it overdrew my checking account!!! Now I have over $50 in overdraft fees because of this. I've called and spoken with 3 different people and finally spoke with a supervisor who told me that the money would be refunded in 3-5 days if I sent them a copy of my bank statement. Well, now it's been 2 weeks and I still have yet to see my money or hear from anyone. I finally received the "$70" books and just "returned them to sender". My next step will be the BBB and Attorney General. $50 isn't much to some people but it is a lot to me and especially when it was totally wrong what they did! They sell junk and I will tell everyone I know not to fall for their scam!!!

23523189, 2009-09-08, 11:13AM CDT

Same thing happened to me. It didn't overdraw my account but they charged $18 shortly after the original transaction and then 6 days later they charged another $18. I called in and spoke with a rep about it and was told that the first $18 charge was for my monthly subscription and the second $18 was for my yearly subscription. What?!? Tricky little devils. Anyway, they did agree to refund my money if I paid to return the books to them. The crap they send can't be worth more than $5. Such a rip off.

2b4c0bf3, 2010-02-05, 02:14AM CST

SCAM SCAM SCAM!! not only did they empty my checking and made it go negative but the worse part ! i never even ordered anybooks???? i dont get how they got my info!!??

403c7089, 2010-03-01, 09:11PM CST

We had a similar circumstance with early moments book club. We received a couple of books from them after we had accepted a free book offer. We paid for a few single books at a time. Then one day they sent over 60 hard bound books and billed us for nearly $300.00. We called and shipped the books back (paying $13.50) according to the address they supplied us over the phone, but bills kept coming, and they denied that they ever received the books. We too will be filing a complaint with the better business bureau.

fd9d6ac9, 2010-08-31, 08:28AM CDT

u know what thats whats happening 2 me..i ordered some books 4 my son 2 weeks later they helped themselves 2 18 dollars and change...no word warning..i didnt know i joined the club..

42cb089f, 2010-09-27, 07:39PM CDT

same thing has happend to me , only i never ordered any books, they just started showing up at my door, and the kicker is , i dont have any children, so why would they presume i want their books, i stopped sending money and are gonna do a return of the books, and i just hope they send me another bill, if so i 'm going straight to the BBB, and let them handle this situation. beware everyone, ive tried to find them through BBB and the address just doesnt exist

0a614145, 2011-01-06, 10:31PM CST

This company advertises books for about $10.00 each and $2.00 shipping. They also advertise they will send two books per month. They have repeatedly sent 4 to 6 of their tiny books and billed us so often each bill has a prior balance on it. We have called and written to cancel this subscription but the books keep coming. In my opinion, these people are crooks and the books are not worth $12.00 a piece.

ca594852, 2011-07-29, 12:30AM CDT

I got an email from parent magazine. About this great deal for $5 for six books and free shipping. Then they charged me $20 w out my permission and w overdraft fees put me in the negative $85. My bank called them, after an hour of argueing w their rude customer service they agreed to refund me the $20 on the condition i pay the $11 shipping to send the books back, and they never refunded me the original $5. Huge scam! I feel duped by them, and parent magazine. And the worste part is, im still getting those stupid books.

a1d4a7c0, 2012-01-27, 06:03PM CST

We are currently in the same spot. Customer Service is not available. I will definately do what you have done. Return the books and file a complaint with the BBB in Hawaii. Thank you

Gail M., 2013-02-01, 07:37PM CST

I wish to cancel any future shipments of Early Moments books and discontinue membership. My account number is 186143533-217.

Heather R., 2013-09-25, 01:46PM CDT

I signed up to receive the monthly set of books. The problem came when I called to cancel. I told the woman on the phone that I wanted to cancel my account and that my debit/credit card should not be charged for anything else under any circumstances. A month later, I received a new set of books referred to as the "Dr. Seuss & His Friends Free Preview Program." On top of that I received a bill for $20.96 with a due date for the following week. When I called the customer service number to complain, I had to wait on hold for over 15 minutes. The lady who answered was over-the-top sugary sweet which was REALLY ANNOYING when I was already upset over having to waste my time with these people. She tried to blame it on me stating that I had signed up for the Free Preview Program and something about it having already been explained to me. Really??? It was my fault that I had to waste my time when I had already canceled my account and was assured that it was, in fact, canceled. Basically, I was either forced to sit on hold for nearly 20 minutes, deal with this lady's bulls***, wait for a return label in the mail, and spend another afternoon waiting in line at the post office to return the books OR I cold forgo the post office, pay the $20.96, and continue to receive more books and more bills. Now that I've researched reviews of the Early Moments program, I see that it's received MANY negative reviews. Wish I had looked at the reviews BEFORE signing up. UGH! Don't waste your time with this company!

d7b284f4, 2014-01-24, 06:18PM CST

I signed up for a deal of $5 for 4 books with early moments. Instead they charged me $20. I've tried to cancel several times and they said they would comply. However, they always shipped books to me again. Please, don't make the same mistake I did!

a0864e35, 2014-06-26, 10:26AM CDT

I ordered some books. The 1st set never arrived. The 2nd set the books were missing and I received an empty box the post office's fault. I was given a refund and never notified about it and I wanted the books. The next set of books was sent before I got an account #. The website said to cancel after I received the account # included with the books that I never received.Now I have to send those back.

7a0dd681, 2014-08-13, 12:08PM CDT

A COMPLETE SCAM!!

I received an order I never placed. They charged my CC for $21.19. I emailed [email protected] asking for a refund. They replied not confirming the refund but instead to "talk" personally (what crap!!). I called any they I should keep an eye on my online account that has stored CC information. I inquired just because you have my card information, you can not keep charging it without my authorization or even sending a notification email. The rep turned back very rude and asked me send the package back. They asked me to pay the shipping for return and also not to the refund the $4.99 shipping amount from the package I received.

Extremely rude staff to deal with. Beware!

Lina Lina, 2014-08-15, 11:24PM CDT

Hi my name is Lina, and I just wanted to share a good experience with the book club. I've been a member for a few months now, and I have nothing but good things to say. Customer service is very friendly. And this isn't any type of scam. If you wanna cancel you call them and cancel,. Anyways I enjoy this book club a lot.