Hertz Rent-a-Car - DO NOT RENT FROM HERTZ!!!!!!

Posted on Thursday, August 13th, 2009 at 3:24pm CDT by 816e674f

Company: Hertz Rent-a-Car

Location: Airport Location
Joplin, MO, 64801, US

URL: http://www.hertz.com/

Okay so I reserve a FULL SIZED car TWO weeks before I was to need the car rental. I reserved it from 1:00pm on a Friday to 1:00pm on Sunday...48 hours worth. I get there at 12:40pm to pick up my car rental, the very rude employee behind the counter said that the only car they had available was a 2 door Mustang Convertible. NOT what I had reserved. I specifically told them I needed a 4 door full sized car. I have a two door sports car, why would I want to reserve another one? I needed a vehicle big enough for 4 adults and luggage. So she said, "I don't know what to tell you." I said, "Well, why are there two rentals on the back wall w/keys hanging in front of them, one with a pickup time of noon, and I don't have anything for myself?" She proceeded to tell me that just because you reserve a car doesn't mean they will "hold" a vehicle for you....HELLO?!!?!? What exactly does a RESERVATION mean then?!!?!?!?!?! Long story short we finally got a vehicle, only after she argued with me and made me feel like it was my fault, along with trying to get us to pay more for the vehicle we finally ended up renting. Being her lazy self, she did NOT do a walk around outside of the vehicle, or show us which vehicle it even was, my husband and I had to figure it out ourself. When we got home, we noticed several scratches along with a chip in the windshield which we took pictures of. They didn't charge us for any damage (as of yet anyways), but the employee should have looked before we left there. The employee when we picked up the car was rude and lazy and "put out" so to speak, and the employee when we dropped off the car was very rude as well. Don't waste your time or money on renting anything from this company. I have been on hold so far for 40 minutes just trying to complain to a customer service rep, we'll see if they do anything about it....I'm not holding my breath.