DirecTV

Company: DirecTV

Location: PO Box 6550 Greenwood Village, CO 80155
Greenwood, CO, 80155, US

URL: http://www.directv.com/

On or about July 29, 2008, I was contacted by sales rep for DirecTV notifying my that my present equipment was out of date and soon be unusable. I agreed to their suggested upgrade of HD receivers. Their first technical rep, a contract firm from San Antonio- Mastec, arrived Aug 6, for which I took a day off from work. He installed two HD receivers and said that the satellite would have to download the software before I would receive the new HD channels for which I was paying. The tech realized I had the wrong satellite dish, but could not install the correct one because DirecTV didn't have the correct work order.

After several days, DirecTV scheduled another tech from the same company. On his service date he installed a new dish, but informed me that I had the wrong transmission cables for HD service from the dish to the receivers. The original tech should have installed new cables. The problem is that the original TV cables were RG59 which were not thick enough to carry the HD signal spectrum. RG6 was the required cable. This was another day off work for me.

When the third technician arrived Aug 26, he marveled that I was getting any signal at all. The original cables from the satellite were RG59 and were spliced into a previously existing TV cable installed by the previous home owner at least eight years before. There were no RG6 cables in the home.

I had already been paying for HD service from DirecTV for two years at $9.99 per month with their physical system incapable to carry such system. With their initially shoddy technical workmanship when the dish was first installed distorting the services DirecTV was claiming to be supplying me, I have invested about $11,000 in television and audio equipment trying to compensate for it thinking it was my equipment not theirs.

The gist is that DirecTV knew what equipment was installed in my home to enable them to sell services to me. They had poor if any quality control over their technical installation and service contractors and took no action to correct any systemic problems with them. They therefore knowingly billed me for services which they knew they were not supplying all the while advertising a higher quality service which they were incapable of delivering to me, intentionally defrauding me. My losses cover the HD fees I have been paying, and considering the poorly installed original equipment, the entire fees billed over the history of my account, and the TV/audio equipment I purchased over the years trying to improve the reception.

If they knowingly sold me an HD signal to be transmitted from the satellite to my TV over inferior cables without making the technological changes or before the changes were available, then they my have and are possibly still defrauding millions of customers.

penny f., 2013-02-08, 02:27PM CST

This is in reguards to DIRECTV this is the worst company ever, they link you to others accounts just by name. I have been trying to get DIRECTV service in my home since 11-2012 but after several failed attempts, I'm done with them. They have taken my money and when asked for a refund I got told to call my credit card company and have them get me my refund. Very Very rude and unprofessioal all the way around from Directv they are not worth anything but to rip people off and they could careless they do not care about the ones that are paying there wages. I would never never tell anyone to get

directv. DON'T DO IT SAY AS FAR AWAY FROM DIRECTV AS POSSIBLE THIS IS NOT A COMPANY THAT SHOULD BE IN BUSINESS I AM GOING TO CALL THE FEDERL TRADE COMMISION AND INFORM THEM OF ALL THE PROBLEMS.